34

"How was brunch?" Ezra asks as I lazily stomp into his apartment. He's sitting on his couch with his phone between his hands, his legs crossed beneath him.

"All she talked about was fucking Aidan." I groan, slumping down on his couch and laying down with my head towards his thigh.

"They fucked?" He asks, nonchalantly, looking back at his phone.

"No, well yes, but that's not what I meant." I huff. A small smile decorated his face.

"Did you talk about how awesome I am?" He asks.

"You wish." I chuckle. Outside, the roar of thunder has a shudder echoing through my body as rain starts to pitter-patter againts the roads. A smile shows to my face as I watch the blanket of angry grey clouds gradually creeping above the city.

I look over at Ezra and he stares down at me with a confused look.

"What'you looking at?" He smiles, taking a cushion and tossing it onto my chest. I grab it and chuck it at his head. It centers him fully, although he doesn't move at at all, impassible, making me laugh.

"There's a storm going on outside." I inform him. He briefly looks out of the big window.

"Great observation." He says.

Another crack of thunder has me jumping to my feet and bolting towards his room, to the fuzzy carpet to be specific. I sit down and watch as droplets of rain drizzle outside of the window. I hear Ezra's footsteps as he enters his room and sits down in the egg chair above me. A few minutes ago, the sky was light grey, now it's a dark gray with faint gaps of a lighter shade. Ezra's hands grab under my arms and he drags me towards him so that my head is resting between his legs, on the rim of the chair.

"I bet I can braid your hair." He says. I scoff.

"I bet you can't." I respond.

"Be prepared to be blown away by my hair dressing skills, Lee." He collects my hair and threads his fingers through it. It? They? How do you refer to hair? I've never known really known.

I smile at the feeling of my hair being worked at. I'll most likely have to cut my hair to a bowl-cut after trusting him with it, but that's okay. I'll look like Edna from the Incredibles.

"Done." He says, victoriously. I put my hand out and he hands me the end of what's supposed to be a braid. I bring it over my shoulder and look at it. It's actually not that bad, I might not have to cut off my hair after all. That's too bad, I could've rocked the Noah Schnapp bowl cut look.

"Not all that bad, Romano." I say, nodding. He hums in approval and I toss the braid behind my shoulder. I feel him playing with my hair but I don't know what he's doing with it.

"If I end up having to cut my hair, you will also be cutting yours." I inform him. He immediately drops my hair and pushes it out, so it's sprawled across my shoulders. I chuckle slightly. A ray lightning of lightning strikes in the distance and I count the seconds it takes for the sound to travel to us. Seven seconds.

"Ez?" I ask softly.

"Lee?"

"Tell me a secret." I say.

"A secret? Uhm...I peed myself in second grade." He says. I laugh slightly.

"Why?" I ask.

"I can't remember, I got scared of something." He chuckles.

A few seconds of silence go by.

"Lee?" He questions softly.

"Ez?"

"Tell me a secret." He whispers.

I have a teeny tiny crush on you.
Wait what, no. Who said that???

I move that fact to the back of my mind and search for another one.

"I am terrified of praying mantises." I say.

"Fuck, those things are scary as shit." He says. Finally someone agrees.

"I know right!? I tried to touch one, and It flung itself backwards somehow and bit my finger so I was screaming and whipping my hand around, but it wouldn't let go. Eventually it flew off and I've been scared ever since." He bursts out laughing.

"That sounds traumatizing." He says through laughter.

"It was!" I join in on his laughter. "You can't tell anyone though! You're the only person that knows!"

"Okay! Okay." He chuckles.

"Have you ever gone out in the rain?" I ask.

"No." He says dryly.

"You're missing out. Come on, asshole." I say, hoisting myself up. I look over at him and he sends me an unamused look.

"We're going to catch a cold." He mutters.

"Very Italian of you to say, but I truly could not care less right now. A little cold won't kill us." I say, extending my hand out towards him.

"Ma la broncopolmonite sì..." He mutters under his breath as he gets up. I grab his hand and drag him downstairs, slipping our shoes on as we go, before making it outside.

I grin widely as drops of water rapidly peck against my skin. I lift my face towards the angry sky and embrace the water falling from it, enjoying the pureness of it. I lift my arms and spin around.

"Lee..." He grumbles.

"Shush." I bite back.

I take his hands in mine and spin our bodies around, extending my arms completely. A small smile takes place on his lips as he raises his arm for me to twirl under. A wide grin spreads across his face and the droplets of water have his hair falling onto his forehead. I lift our conjoined hands as high up as I can and he bends down to spin around under it. I laugh, feeling nothing but pure happiness.

We laugh as we dance under the rain, feeling as though time has stopped and it's just me and him. I take it for granted that he makes me the happiest version of myself, he helps me forget about the past and being out he best of he present.

I'm not saying I'm in love with him or anything, but he's definitely my favorite person.

word count: 1088
☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎

hola amigos how are y'all doing?? Before u come at me, yes I am aware that it's been well over thirty chapters and we've barely gotten anywhere...

BUT NEXT CHAPTER...👀👀

Stay safe<3
-S