26

I'm actually going to Corfu.

I drag my luggage behind me as we enter the airport. It's huge. The outside walls are made of glass while the inside is a minimalist white. Minimalist, that is if it weren't for thousands of people standing everywhere. It's almost as bad as the club the other night. People of every ethnicity imaginable, wearing so many different cultural outfits. Chatter rises from every corner of the building. Ezra stands next to me, wearing a simple white shirt and gray sweatpants. I crane my neck up to look at him.

"Now or never." He sighs. "Ready?" He asks.

"Always." I nod.

We dropped Igor off, along with everything that would be needed to take care of him, at Ashlyn's house before leaving for the airport. It was hard to say goodbye to him, I had to hold him for ten minutes while Ezra reassured me that it would be okay and that Ashlyn would take good care of him. I'm lucky to have someone like Ash.

We walk through the little free space left from the crowd and reach the check-in.

He covers that, asking for my documents every so often. He lifts our suitcases onto a scale and some stickers come out of the machine. He sticks them onto both of them and the machine drags the suitcases away, leaving me and Ezra with nothing but our carry-on bags.

"Onward." I say, following Ezra around.

"We have to go through security, now." He says. He isn't very peppy in public, so his expression is stoic except for the fact that he's visibly alert, as if anything could happen.

"Don't get lost, okay?" He asks, walking next to me, guiding me through a tick crowd.

"I can't make any promises." I say slowly. He presses his lips together before lacing his fingers through mine. A smile forms on my face.

We left his house three hours ago and we have two hours until we board the plane. He said it's good to come early, in case anything takes longer than the expected. He was right because there was so much traffic on the highway. Three cars collided together and caused a blockage for miles.

Ezra slows down as we reach a short line to security.

"Excited?" He asks.

"Excited to push you off the plane." I smile.

"Same here." He nods quickly before a smile forms on his face.

The line goes quickly and soon enough, I'm taking a basket down from the table and setting my carryon bag in it. The worker tells me to take my belt and shoes off as well, so I do. Ezra does the same before they have us walk through a weird door-frame but without the door. Ezra goes first and it's all fine. He turns around and watches me with his arms crossed, waiting for me. I go to walk through it but it starts beeping rapidly. I look at Ezra, confused.

My hotness probably triggered it.

A woman walks up to me and pats me down, making sure I'm not carrying anything dangerous, before giving me the ok to keep going.

"You're good." The man tells me and I furrow my eyebrows. Ezra and I go to our trays and pick up our stuff. They probably have us take our shoes off because they have feet kinks. Of course. A lady with curly blonde hair stands in front of us and smiles sweetly at Ezra.

"Mr. Romano. Good to see you again." She says kindly.

"Likewise, Ms. Stone." He responds, sparing her quick glance as he shoves his shoes back on his feet. He has like a size 20. I'm exaggerating, but whatever.

"Where to, this time?" She asks. I swing my bag over my shoulder and fix my hair over my shoulders, ready to leave.

"Greece."