55

"What are you reading, bellissima?" His deep voice startles me, ripping my attention from the book I was reading. He notices my startled expression and chuckles. I smile and return to reading my book.

Without looking, I can feel his stare on me. He quietly moves and sits behind me, pulling me by my waist to sit in between his legs. I melt into his warm chest and push myself closer to him. He presses a kiss to my cheek and rests his chin on my shoulder as he begins reading with me.

As my eyelids start getting tired, I shut the book and turn to face him.

He smiles softly, leaning down to kiss me. He holds a calm look on his beautiful face, his dark hair spilled messily in front of his forehead, his pink and soft lips, his sharp nose, his silver eyes. His pupils dialate as he stares into my own eyes, alternating from my left to my right eye.

"I love you."

My heart stops as the words roll off his tongue. I stare at him in shock, my mouth parted slightly, my eyes wide. His expression drops.

"Fuck, I'm sorry. Too early, I understand." He places his hand over his eyes, hiding himself from me.

Not able to speak a word, I place my hands on both sides of his head and pull him to me, connecting my lips to his.

I try to spill every ounce of love that I have for him, into the kiss, hoping that he's able to feel it.

I break away from the kiss, breathless, keeping my hands on his face. Something glossy coats his eyes.

"I love you, too." I breathe, chuckling at the end. The relief that floods over me is insane. He glances between my eyes as a smile inches its way to his lips. Suddenly I'm being flipped over, a pair of lips peppering mine with kisses. His lips move to my neck.

"Say it again, Bellissima." He whispers into the crook of my neck, his warm breath sending chills throughout my body.

"I love you." I smile. He chuckles before reuniting his lips with mine. His hand finds mine and he pins it to the side of my head, straddling me with his body.

"Fuck." He groans, drawing it out. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to tell you." He mumbles.

"I can imagine." I smile.

"You know how we went to the beach today?" I ask. He hums. "There's an ice skating rink that's still open."

————————————————

"Lee, wait!" Ezra yells, waddling over to me with ice skates on. We haven't even gotten on the ice and he's already having a hard time.

I appreciate that he's trying, though.

He holds his hand out to me and I grab it, gently pulling him to give him an easier time reaching the actual ice rink.

"You're already slaying, Ez." I chuckle, turning and making my way over to the rink.

"I know. I'm badass." He says. I hum in agreement. I open the gate and step in, my foot sliding above the ice. A smile forms on my lips at what had once been familiar feeling. I had my doubts that I had forgotten how to ice skate, but everything seems to be coming back. Kind of like riding a bike.

I used to take skating lessons when I was younger, my mother used to love watching me. She said that she could watch me for hours at once without getting sick of it. She would come to all of my competitions and cheer me on, being my biggest fan.

Then she passed. And my love for ice skating went with her.

Coming back to reality, I bring my other foot on the ice and glide until I'm facing the entrance, Ezra looking up at me unsurely.