57

I stare up at the jet, my eyes wide and my mouth partly hanging open. It's all white, its wings pointing upwards at their ends. A ramp of mobile stairs leads up to the entrance. Ezra walks a few steps past me before turning around with a cute smile on his face, his carryon bag strapped to his back.

"Ready, bellissima?" He extends a hand towards me.

"Abso-fucking-lutely" I exhale, grabbing his hand as a wide smile spreads across my face.

Today's the day that we leave for Italy. From what he said, I'm going to be meeting his family and he's going to show me around his home-town. The real reason we're here though, is because he has some meeting with his work buddies. Today is Sunday, the meeting is on Thursday but he insisted we stay for a week so he could share part of his childhood with me. The thought of him wanting to share something as personal as where he grew up, pleases me.

And, before you get worried, Igor is perfectly safe. Ashlyn was extremely happy to take him, she always is. I'm sure that, whenever she comes over, 40% of the time it's to visit my cat.

We board onto the jet and the scent of coconut fills my senses. For a second it's all I'm able to think about before a headache begins drilling into my forehead. I scrunch my nose up in distaste before Ezra leads me through the hallways, much wider than the ones on the past airplane we took to Greece, keeping his hand in mine.

He heads towards the middle of the aisle when he sits down in a cream colored couch with a sigh. He taps the spot next to him with his free hand and I smile, sitting down.

He immediately snakes his arms around me and pulls me close to him, burying his face in my neck. I take in his scent radiating off his hair and lay my head on his.

The first time I met him I wouldn't have imagined him being like this, he seemed so cold and distant. I guess he just needed love.

"I love you." I say, pressing a kiss to his head. I lift my hand and run it down his back, his muscles immediately relaxing from their previous tense state.

"I love you." He responds, keeping his lips to my neck.

"What's bothering you?" I question him, practically feeling the anxiety radiating from his body. After knowing him for so long, it's easy for me to decipher.

"I'm stressed about the meeting." He says, his tone truthful. I wrap my arms around his shoulders and squeeze him close to me, in hopes of transmitting tranquility. I understand why he could be stressed, though. It's not everyday that you have meetings with important people in the mafia. Actually I don't know how often they meet up. Yeah.

"It's okay, Ez, I'll be here waiting for you when you get back." I reassure him.

"I know." He speaks.

"What's it about?" I ask. He pulls away from my neck and gently pushes me to the couch until I'm laying down. He then lays down with his torso on top of me, his head on my shoulder, his arm around my waist.

"It's about my father's death, what position I'll be assuming. In theory, I'm supposed to be taking his place, but there have been several threats from another mafia clan so one guy from my clan thinks I'm not fit for my father's place. It's only one guy that's objecting to me becoming the Don, yet we have to have a whole meeting about it." He grumbles in frustration. I furrow my eyebrows. The Don?

"The Don?" I ask, voicing my thoughts. He hums.

"Yeah. My father was the Don, so I have to take his place."

I momentarily pause and uncomfortable, thick silence parts us. Does that mean that he'll be so caught up in work that he'll put distance between us? Will he stop loving me?