13

I send daggers her way.

"Why?" I ask, eyeing her bleached hair and biting my tongue to keep my opinions to myself.

"Because it looks like raccoons got at it." She furrows her eyebrows as if it were the most obvious thing on Earth.

"The same raccoons did your hair, didn't they?" I ask, mimicking her expression. She scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"Excuse you!? I paid a hundred dollars on this." She shouts. The rest of the group quiets down. I hate this kind of attention.

"They ripped you off. You look like a Lays potato chip." I answer. One of the guys snickers.

"I-"

"Rachel." Ezra says, catching her attention. He glares at her and it shuts her up.

"Oh, Lilah, these are Rachel, Luca, Dolores, Ivy and Matteo." Ezra says, introducing me to the group.

"Nice to meet you," I smile, looking around the group.

"Nice to meet you, too!"
"Hii,"
"Hey,"
"Hi."

"Ezra mentioned you yesterday and we were so excited to meet you," the girl with the afro, Dolores, says, grinning widely. Her pearly white teeth contrast beautifully with her dark flawless skin. Her eyes are feathered with gold eyeshadow, that matches her gold hoop earrings.

"I was excited to meet you when he sent me a message earlier!" I smile at Dolores, her positive energy radiating off of her.

"Fake bitch..." Rachel mutters. And the energy is gone.

"Rachel, you can leave, you know." Ezra says.

"Want me to leave, Ezzy?" She pouts her bottom lip out.

"The fuck??" Someone asks. That's what I was thinking.

"I don't want to kick you out, but if you have a problem, feel free to leave." He answers. A satisfied smirk settles on my face.

"Guess I'm leaving, then." Everyone is a bit too surprised to speak so Rachel simply gets up and leaves. Luca who was sitting on the floor quickly jumps up and takes her seat.

"So anyway-" the group begins talking again but I zone out, thinking about how it's impossible to imagine new colors.

What if the whole galaxy knew about Earth but decided not to contact us until we figured it out for ourselves? I also like to believe in the existence of life outside of Earth. Scientists estimate that there are around two trillion galaxies in our universe. Who knows what kind of creatures are out there!

I'm shaken from my thoughts when someone's foot nudges mine that was unconsciously tapping againts the ground. I look over to see Ezra staring at me worriedly as the rest of the group chats happily.

He looks down at his phone and presses something before my phone lights up a message from him.

Mr.Spaghetti🍝: ru ok?

me: yeah, i'm good. Music? :>

Mr.Spaghetti🍝: yeah :) sorry abt Rachel. She gets a bit territorial around new people

me: dw it's fine

I give him a smile before getting up and connecting my phone to the bluetooth speaker.

"What music do you guys like?" I shout, scrolling through Spotify.

"Fits and the Tantrums!" Matteo shouts back, rushing over to me. He peeks over my shoulder to see what songs are to pick from.

"That one." He points at one from next to me and I play it.

Everyone gets up and starts dancing around between the living room and the kitchen, but Ezra just gets up and sits on the counter. I never would've expected him to be the kind of person to get up and dance, but maybe he just needs some time to truly relax and let himself go for a bit. I watch him as he fiddles on his phone uncomfortably but I get distracted when Delores runs up to me and takes both of my hands. A big grin is set across her features as she twirls me around and we jump around between the rest of them. Someone's hands take mine and I find myself being spun around by Matteo.

I laugh as dizziness takes over and stop, keeping my feet far apart to keep my balance. I look up at Ezra to see him unhappy. I stumble up to him, tripping over my feet and take his hand in mine. He doesn't budge.

"Come on." I groan, pulling his arm with all of my strength.

"If you dislocate my arm I'm throwing you out of that window." He teases.

"On that note.." I don't pull as hard on his hand, but still try to get him to get up.

"Move, fat ass." I urge.

"I don't dance." He deadpans.

"As you could tell, neither can I." I laugh. "Pretty pleaseee?" I ask. He sighs and gets up.

"Took you long enough." I grumble, dragging him towards the rest of the people.

"Shut up." He dangles our conjoined hands around

"You shut up." I smile, starting to jump around to the music. He just nods his head to the beat.

"Loosen up," I say, poking his stomach.

"I will do what I want."

"If aliens came down to Earth and told you to either dance or die-"

"Tell my mother I loved her." He cuts me short. I burst out laughing and he joins in too. He seems to loosen his knees a bit and he starts swaying a bit more to the music.

"When are you coming to meet Igor?" I ask, swaying to the music, stepping from one foot to another. He mimics my movement.

"Whenever you'd like, bellissima." He answers, smiling softly.

"I'm going to get a tattoo one day." I say. When I was younger, I thought tattoos were bad and a sign of violence, I don't know why. But then I learned that they can be beautiful and started to want one.

"Like what?" He asks.

"I was thinking something like 'Delilah' right on my forehead." I say, tracing a rectangle on my forehead. He chuckles.

"That's...something." He says.

"Kidding. I want a small snake somewhere." I say.

"I have a snake tattoo." He lifts his shirt a bit to show a snake on the side of his waist.

"Ooh, pretty. I was thinking smaller though." I say. "Or maybe like something on my thigh. Like a catfish, maybe." I shrug.

"Oh, so a self portrait?" He teases, a smile on his face.

"I was gonna show them a picture of you." I tease back. He laughs and sways more to the music, humming to the words.

"You know Bella Ciao?" I ask. He seems to know every I've played so far.

"O partigiano, portami via..." He sings. I laugh.

"Did you do school recitals at the end of the year for school? I did. I was the tree."

"All we need is a chainsaw." He teases, a dimple I hadn't noticed before marking his cheek as he smirks.

"Yeah, so I can chop your neck in half."

"Or that." He laughs.

word count: 1185
☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎☂︎︎

helloooo, how ru??? hope ur doing great and enjoying the story holy shite guys 29 no way in hell. Anywho. Go read Forbidden Juliets by Frogsarecute00
anywho. Have a great night/day/evening/morning!!
Stay safe <3
-S