The Beginning

1584 words

---

It wasn't just another morning in the IZ*ONE dorm. Overnight, news had broken out among multiple articles on the internet, describing what was 'rumored' to be a relationship between Hyewon and Yena. 

Of course, that rumor was true, just not publicly announced.

But their previous fan meet did not help conceal that. They were constantly touching each other, exchanging smirks and smiles, and almost never broke eye contact. And now the other members were angry, to say the least.

"Hyewon, Yena, in here now," Eunbi demanded. Her arms were crossed in front of her chest, and the other members were already gathered around the living room, splayed across the couch and floor, all looking tired and unpleased at the current situation.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" she shouted. "You're lucky in the first place that the members even allowed you two to date, and we all agreed to keep it quiet from the company too." Hyewon and Yena just stared at the floor without saying a word, as Eunbi continued, "But now both the company and the fans are speculating that something is up. Couldn't you have waited till we got home to be all lovey-dovey?" Hyewon's ears began to burn red at this point, and Yena wasn't much better at hiding her blush.

"What do you have to say for yourselves?" Eunbi waited expectantly.

"S-sorry...?" Hyewon muttered quietly, still avoiding the members' gaze.

Eunbi simply sighed. She knew she wasn't getting anywhere by just telling these two off. "What do you say, then?" She turned her attention towards the other 8 members.

"I don't know, stop them from dating or something," Chaewon replied, nonchalantly. She had that indifferent look in her eyes, where the members couldn't tell if she was serious or just joking.

"What?!" Yena snapped. "Are you kidding me, Chaewon?" She was quickly losing her cool. "We didn't touch *that* much, and besides, we couldn't wait to get back to the dorm; don't you remember how far the event location was?"

"Yena, calm down," Eunbi said as she shook her head. "I know it might be your time of month, but we're trying to help you, not-"

"Yeah, right," she retaliated, before marching off to her room, her short temper getting the better of her.

"Yena!" Hyewon tried to follow her, before Eunbi grabbed her shoulder to stop her. "You're coming with me." She stopped and stared at the other members, still half awake and in their pajamas. "You guys can... go back to whatever you were doing..." she trailed off, before pulling Hyewon into her room.

"What do you think they're gonna do in there?" Chaewon asked with a smirk.

"Chaewon-ah!" Chaeyeon exclaimed, raising her hand in a mock attack.

"Ahh! It was just a joke!" she smiled almost too innocently.

Eunbi closed the door gently before turning to face Hyewon, who was still awkwardly standing in the middle of her dark room, where only a few strands of light snuck past the closed curtains. "Sit down," she pointed at her bed. Hyewon quietly obeyed. "So? What do you really have to say for yourself?"

Hyewon stayed quiet for a second, before answering. "Like I said before, I'm sorry... it's just that... Yena got me into that mood, and..." she crossed her legs and shifted around the bed.

"And?" Eunbi sat down next to her.

"And you know how she is... she doesn't give up until she gets what she wants. But then the managers pulled her to the side, and she didn't touch me again that whole time - even in the car or at the dorm..." Hyewon trailed off, once again.