Forever Yours

4.4.2022 - This cover photo is how I imagine Aspen (right) and Rylie's (left) dresses!
Idk why writing has been so hard these last two weeks, but look, I got another chapter out haha. I'm sorry if it doesn't flow well in places, or if it's not the best it could be. I went over it a few times and figured this is as good as it's gonna get for now haha. Hope y'all enjoy:) Have a wonderful week <3

Today was the day. I was going to marry Rylie Hansen.

"I might throw up." I confess to my mothers reflection as she works on my hair and makeup. My t-shirt is clenched tightly in my fists, and I let it go and take a deep breath, but the t-shirt only ends up balled back in my hands as I feel anxiety course through my veins.

"You'll be fine, Aspen." She laughs as she runs a brush through my long, wavy hair. She just finished my makeup, and even though it isn't anything heavy, I feel beautiful.

"But what if Rylie got cold feet?" Rylie and I had parted ways this morning, and I wasn't really handling it well. I think back to our lingering goodbye before she went to her own room to get ready, and the way every touch had seemed different, filled with desire and anticipation. I could still feel the burning of her lips against mine, and it took all of my self control not to reach up and touch my lips with the tips of my fingers.

"I know for a fact that she won't get cold feet. I just saw her a little bit ago. She's just as nervous as you are, if not more, and worried you're going to get cold feet."

"There's no way in hell I'm getting cold feet." I say with a small laugh. "How come you get to see her?" I grumble, folding my arms, giving my wrinkled t-shirt a break.

"You know why." My mother laughs.

"Still." I mumble before letting my eyes wander around the room. It's a large room, the colors mainly dark and moody, and three couches sit against the walls. A big grey rug covers the majority of the wood floor, just in front of the couches. A large, rounded arched window sits to my right, letting in a little bit of light. The pouring rain outside didn't allow much light in any way.

I didn't mind the rain at all, even though some people believed it meant bad luck. The drops against the window were comforting, the sound filling the silence between our words. We'd found a venue that had the option for both the wedding and the reception, and it was perfect. Even if it was still raining during the reception, we'd be fine since the main area was both indoor and outdoor.

I smile, picturing how the wedding area looked when I peeked just two hours ago. It's right on the beach, already making it perfect. The wall facing the water is gone, leading out to a deck and providing a perfect view of the ocean. Plants and trees are spaced out around the room, giving it a clean, fresh smell and feel, while small, warm orange candles line the ground along the aisles. Chairs are lined on either side of the long, white aisle, and I couldn't wait to meet Rylie at the end of it.

Another good thing about staying at the same venue was that it gave us time to have the wedding, then a small luncheon, and then the reception before Rylie and I had to catch our flight to New Orleans. It was a late flight, but we opted for that instead of flying in the next morning and heading straight to the cruise terminal. Luckily, I didn't think we'd leave the reception before sunset, since the sun set pretty early now. Dancing with Rylie at sunset was one thing I didn't want to miss.

"Your father is very proud of you, you know." My mother says softly as she begins pinning up my hair. I meet her eyes in the mirror, and she gives me a sad smile. "I know it's been so hard without him, but I am incredibly proud of the woman you have become, and I know he is, too." She pauses, taking a breath. "I was so scared when he died. I didn't know how to be a single mother. I was terrified I would fail you. And I almost did." She stops, and I know we're both thinking of last year when she'd met Rylie.