Determination., Arguments., and Getting on the Road, Again, Maybe?.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V. 

I heard arguing as my senses came back to me. I felt peaceful for a slip second realizing that Cade and Tessa were safe then an overwhelming amount of pain, excruciating pain overcame my physically and I involuntarily gasped for more oxygen. My eyes shot open when someone lifted me up to breathe easier. I looked and saw Tessa helping me before I started to cough harshly.

"You are okay, relax. I got you." Tessa said as she brushed my hair back and held my hand. I felt something dripping from my mouth as I tried to breathe regularly. Tessa grabbed a random cloth that was next to her and wiped my mouth. I saw a glimpse of crimson on the cloth before Tessa moved it away from my sight. Cade moved into my peripheral vision coming closer.

"I. I might." I tried to talk but coughed hard again and gasped. "I might not."

"You will!" Tessa said. "You are strong and determined. You have people that are here for you. Rest and everything will turn out alright." Tessa whispered to me as my eyes fell heavy and my head rolled into her chest.

Cade's P.O.V.

Tessa was there taking care of (Y/n). I really don't know if she will make it.

"Well, on the bright side, you guys have met." Tessa said, trying to break the tension.

"Where is he from?" I asked not looking at this person. More like germ courting my daughter. Just thinking about it makes me gag.

"I told you. He is a driver from Texas." Tessa said. My eye twitched at the response.

"Texas? Dublin, Texas? Shamrocks, Texas? Why does he sound like a leprechaun?" I was getting annoyed at the vague answers. I wanted to get straight to the point.

"You'd get your ass kicked in Ireland for saying that." Shawn said.

"Well, we're not in Ireland, Lucky Charms. We're in Texas. And so he drives? What do you mean, he drives? Like, for a living?" I said.

"Yeah. At least he makes a living." Tessa said to me. I was shocked, but more infuriated with myself because she was right. I do not know how we made it this far. I heard a gasp of shock and disbelief.

"Tessa!" (Y/n) said in pain.

"No, no. She is right. Thank you." I had nothing else to say to Tessa about our financial situation.

"Look, I race rally cars. One driver, one navigator. Her. By the way, I'm totally legit. I just got picked up by Red Bull. And just so you know, my life savings was in that car back there." This whole predicament was getting out of hand and fast.

"This is not happening."

"Oh, it definitely is." Shawn countered me. I looked at him and then at my daughter, who nodded and went to tend to (Y/n), that was on the floor not looking too good, then back to Shawn. I got up, and my overprotective mode flipped on.

"How old are you?"

"20."

"She's a 17-year-old girl. So, we can work this two ways. One, I punch you right in the mouth, and you call the police on me. Or two, I call the cops on you because this is illegal. She's a minor."

"We're protected by the Romeo and Juliet laws."

"We dated for a while I was a sophomore and he was a senior. It's fine."

"No, it's not fine."

"We've got a preexisting juvenile foundational relationship. Statute 22.011."

"What?"

"Texas statute?" I looked at the card that Shawn pulled out as I was trying to come up with an excuse for the two of them to not be dating. "Is that a real law? Romeo and Juliet, huh?" I paused for a moment. "You know how those two ended up?" I asked.