Christmas Special

N.E.S.T. Base, Washington D.C.: Christmas Eve

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

It was finally the holidays. I loved this time of the year. Focusing on the ones you love and the positive emotions that get even the grouchiest into the mood of the season. Even with the holiday season in play, today could not have been any worse.

Flash Back: Earlier That Morning

I woke up to the emergency alarms blaring throughout base at 0400. The loud siren and red lights meant that it was nothing to play with. I jumped out of bed and sprinted out of my quarters to the main hanger. The cold concrete floors numbed my feet to the point where I couldn't feel the sharp metal grates of the steps or the pointed rocks that impaled them. I kept moving towards the control panel and the mission system. I skidded to a halt when I saw people running around like chickens with their heads cut off. None of the system screens were flashing or notifying anyone so what could be the matter. There were no current high-risk missions or any missions at all at the moment. In other words, everything was at peace or a sense of calm.

"What in the bloody hell is going on!" I yelled in the room or in a better sense the main hanger. Everyone froze in their spots when they recognized who yelled that. Some of them started to tremble in terror and lost the color in their faces. No one said a word. "Well?" I asked, egging on anyone who is willing to answer. No one responded yet again.

"We don't know what happened, ma'am. The emergency alarms just started to go off." A random soldier said.

"Ok. First of all, turn them off! Second, did anyone check the system to see where it originated?" I asked as people went to work. I walked over to a spare computer and sat down in the chair to track down the source and to turn the blasted thing off. I sighed in relief when I turned the alarms off buy was shocked when I saw one of the sensors were tripped outside but a Cybertronian. I got out of the seat so fast that the chair fell, and I was off again to the Autobot hanger. I slammed the door open waking and causing the light sleeping ones to transform for action if need be. I sprinted in and up the stairs to a computer next to the doors of the hanger. I could hear the sound of gears shifting and loud thuds of Cyber feet, but my eyes stayed trained on the computer. I pulled up security camera footage and watched Sideswipe and Sunstreaker sneaking out. I scrunch my face in the annoyance that I am having to deal with. Those two are always causing trouble.

"(Y/n)? Is everything alright?" Optimus asked me as I slammed my head against the keyboard and groaned in frustration. I collapsed on my knees on the ground in defeat. Optimus sighed in the state of my appearance. He got closer and gently scooped me up from the ground and into his hands. He cradled me in his hands and brought them to his face as he stared down at me. "What's wrong, sweetspark?" He pressed on. I sighed and looked at him before speaking.

"The twin's broke curfew and tripped the alarm system for when or if the base was ever attacked," I said in a said tone because I lost sleep and my feet hurt from all the different terrain that I had to run over to find out the twins were being stupid.

"I'll talk to them when they get back, don't worry about it. If they left it was probably important. It is Christmas Eve why don't you go back to bed and sleep in? I am sure that the base will survive for a few hours that you rest." Optimus reassured me as he stared at me. I thought about it and what he said makes sense, so I nodded my head.

"Your right. I'm going back to bed. A Christmas present for myself." I said as I smiled up at Optimus before he started to put me down at the entrance and exit that I ran through to get into the hanger.

"Sweet dreams," Optimus whispered to me as I left the hanger. I made it back to my quarters and attempted to go to bed when someone started to bang my door. With a huff, I got out of bed again and walked over to my door. Opening it I saw Mearing about to yell at me until she saw how I looked.