- 𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝕼𝖚𝖊𝖊𝖓 -

Details
Ship: Rosekook
Genre: Broken. Fated Love.
Story was inspired by the song Molly Kate Kestner - Prom Queen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Play/ Listen to: Molly Kate Kestner - Prom Queen.

She was... The prom queen.

The prettiest girl in school.

The woman that every girl dreamed to be.

But she had to work to look the way she did, to walk the way she did, to act the way she did, to get the respect... she had.

👑

"I want to break up."

Chaeyoung bit the inside of her cheek as she clutched the box in her hands tighter.

"Why? What did I do? Am I too clingy-"

"Chaeyoung!" Namjoon cut her off, "we're sixteen, we have lives to live, we cant hold each other down."

And just like that, her first love was gone.

👑

2 years later

"It's Chaeyoung."

"She's prettier in real life!"

"Look how snatched her waist is!"

Chaeyoung stopped at the front of the line and stood at the very beginning, she felt all eyes on her. She was a goddess.

She looked up from her phone, "Can I go in? Or am I going to have to call my father for not letting me in!?"

"I heard she's always the first in line for parties and clubs."

Chaeyoung turned around, "Fashionably late." she smiled, "But always the first to enter."

👑

Chaeyoung hugged her pillow tightly, "Am I not enough for him?!"

Her eyes flooded as she stared into nothing, just a blur.

"Why should I care!" She got up and washed her face.

She looked at herself in the mirror, "You're too hot for this Chaeyoung, you are going to become the woman he wishes he never left... and you will never love again!

👑

"And the winner is... CHAEYOUNG!"

The whole school yelled and cheered as she stood up on the stage.

The light shone in her eyes as she looked at the black crowd.

This is what she wanted, and she's going to keep it this way.

People praised her. Men begging for her, and women begging to be her.

It got to the point where it was no longer for her ex, it was for her. She doesn't care if she had to feel hollow and empty, she loved the attention and love she got. And she was going to hold on to it forever.

Not only at 18, but until she dies.

👑

3 years later

Chaeyoung rolls over to her side and rakes her hands through his hair. He just didn't give up, did he?

"Hm, I like that." Jungkook moved closer to her and wrapped her up in his big arms as he buried his head in the crook of her neck, "Play with me, Chae."

She felt her bare chest covered with his and began to softly play with his hair again, "I thought I told you once a month."

He sighed, "No, I want you all the time, every night."

"I dotn love you Jungkook-"

"But I love you, and I don't mind being your hook up, as long as you're here."

She swallowed the lump in her throat, "This is the last time. I never want to see you again after today."

👑

9 years later

"You're the most beautiful woman, the hottest woman in town!"

Chaeyoung stared at herself in the mirror, "Absolutely gorgeous!"

she began to put on her makeup. Just natural makeup to make her look like she always looked perfect after waking up.

She slowly got out of the bathroom and slid into the bed.

When she noticed him waking up she got out of the bed, "Hey, Taehyung I'm leaving. These past few weeks were amazing though!"

She smiled at the man who was barely awake, "Act like you don't know me if we cross paths."

He stumbled out of his bed, "Chae- Chaeyoung, but I thought you liked me?"

She frowned, "You were just my hookup."

And with that, she left.

👑

She looked at the list of men she had hooked up with, and her heart sank when she saw Jungkooks name. She did love him, she loved him a lot, but didn't admit it. He wouldn't take her back after 10 years. She looked older, and he was now 34, he's definitely over her and settled down.

She heard her doorbell ring and got confused as she looked at her security camera. There he was, her next hookup. She smiled and opened the gate. She opened a bottle of red wine and made sure her room looked clean.

"Hey, Chae."

There was only one man she allowed to call her that. And she was right.

"Jungkook?"

He smiled, "I knew I would find you. You're not allowed to leave now."

She felt her eyes burn, "Why are you here?"

He walked closer and cupped her face, "Because even if you look and act as you have it all, you're broken, and even though I love you, you needed space."

She pulled his nape and placed their lips together. When she pulled away she couldn't look at him, "I don't deserve you."

"Everyone deserves to love and be loved." He kissed her desperate lips and picked her up in his arms, "I said, I'm never letting you go."

He kissed her years and stroked her lovingly.

"Because even though you act like you're okay, you're not. Just like how you acted like you didn't love me when I knew."

👑

"And she lives her dreams through the magazines

And her daddy's gone, and she needs someone

And she's got the looks and the boys on hooks

But she'll trade it all for a heart that's whole"

👑

A/N
 Just a short one with not much meaning. I wanted to try
a different way of writing for this oneshot