ᴀ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ's ʟᴏᴠᴇ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3

Hinata's marriage life wasn't a happy ever after like in those fairytales, but if there are something in common to them it was that his mother-in-laws hated him like how the step-mothers hated the princesses or the female lead.

Yuuki Ushijima

She's a very famous Doctor and owner of many hospitals in Japan, she came from a very rich family. For the duration of his relationship with Yuuki's son which is Ushijima Wakatoshi, she loudly and openly showed her hate of him. She judged that he was just in relationship with his son for his riches, to which he strongly denied but she never listened even when they were married she still hated him.

Now she's not the only mother-in-law that he had to deal with their judgement of him being with their son only for their riches.

He'd bet that after leaving and getting his marriage broken she was one of those relieved or better yet happy that he was gone in their son's lives.

But despite all of that he still showed her the respect she deserved for being his ex-husband's mother,

"Ushijima-san" he said in a respectful tone and bowed his head.

"Can I help you?" he ask hoping that she was just in wrong room and not the doctor that's going to check on his son.

"I believe I'm here to check on a patient name Hinata Kotaro."

But to his dismay she really is.

"Oh, I see" he said weakly and look at his sleeping son and walk to the other side of the bed to hold his son's hand and to somehow blocked her view of the other sleeping children.

Yuuki, whose now walking towards the bed, strongly believed that when his son picked Hinata as his spouse he was making a big mistake of his life that'll lead to his heartbreak.

And then like a result of her prophecy she heard that Hinata left and that he was just using his son's and the others only for their money.

Then for the years of his life without Hinata she saw her son closing his heart more tightly than he did when he haven't met Hinata yet. She reminisce the time her son smiled so softly at whatever Hinata was doing, be it Hinata reading book, cooking for them, talking to them, hugging them or just simply being in his presence.

At first she was glad that she was right about him, but when the truth comes out a month after Hinata left she was proven wrong. And what she witnessed today further proven her wrong.

The way Hinata hug the child, singing him lullaby, kissing him lovingly and just plain loving and caring the child was a sight she never saw him before.

Before he would always be taking care of his husbands by either cooking for them, even thought they have chef, hugging them when they're sad, cheering them when they were tired and just loving them with all of his heart.

She witnessed it all with her two eyes, but still believed it was all faked and scripted. She openly hated him but despite that she never saw him being mad or being disrespectful at her or the other in-laws that think the same thing as her, he was polite and respectful to them.

As she was slowly getting close she saw other sleeping children on Hinata's back that he was blocking but it was futile because of Hinata's small form.

Was he this small before? She thought looking at Hinata's body.

Hinata, feeling her gaze at him, shifted slightly he never got used to their gaze at him like they were trying to answer a puzzle or judging him. And the time he wasn't subjected to that gaze was so long that he slightly forgot the feeling of it but now he was again back to that gaze.