ʏᴇs

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18 

"Hinata-san?"

Hinata snap out of his reverie when he heard someone calling his name, he look beside him and saw Kashima looking at him worriedly.

"Yes Kashima-kun?"

"Are you okay? You've been daze since you got here with the children earlier, did something happened?"

After the talk he had with Kenma that night he was contemplating on what is the right choice to pick for the children, because whatever choice he decide to take it will affect the children more than him.

"Oh it's just that I talked with one of my ex-husbands yesterday night, we talked about the life I've been living without them and he asked me if our relationship can be restored to how it was before, and I was just thinking what would be the right choice that I must decide with my children in mind."

Kashima look at him with a bewildered expression and then he asked,

"What about you?"

Hinata confusedly look at him tilting his head to the side thinking of what Kashima meant at his question.

"Me?"

"Yes, what about 'you'?"

"What do you mean me? Of course I'll pick the choice that'll be good for my children."

Kashima look at Hinata and sighed shaking his head.

"Hinata-san, it may not be my place to say this but, I think you got their intention of wanting second chance wrong."

Hinata look really confused at the moment.

"Got their intention wrong? What are you talking about? They asked for a second chance to repair our relationship because they want the children to have a happy family that they deserved."

"Yes Hinata-san, but you must focus on something, they want to repair 'your' relationship with them to what they were once before the children came into your life and that nonsense of you using them drama, they want to have a chance to have 'you' back in their lives, the children are already given as they share the same blood but they wanted 'your' decision based on your feelings, not the children but You."

Hinata look down at his hand, he then notice his ring finger, it look foreign to him like something was missing in that place, something is supposed to be there, but now it look, lonely.

Kashima noticed his look of understanding, like Hinata knows but is still trying to shift that knowledge somewhere.

"I think you understand that Hinata-san, so why are you not acknowledging that they wanted another chance to have you, to care for you and to love once more?"

Hinata caress his ring finger, it was his habit when he's thinking of something before because of the supposed ring that lies in that lonely finger of his in the past.

"I-I don't know what to do Kashima-kun, I can't, it's just you know. Ugh why is it so hard!"

Looking at Hinata's suffering Kashima gave him a sad smile, it must have been really hard on him.

"You see, I want to give them a chance but I subconsciously want to distance myself from them, I'm afraid that something would go wrong again and if that happened my children will suffer. I want my choice to be what made them happy especially my children."Hinata said looking torn between the choices that was laid out for him.

"You know Hinata-san there's something wrong in what you said just now."

Hinata look at Kashima instantly when he heard the other's statement.

"There is?"

Kashima nodded, "It's about the reason of your choice, you said that it must be a choice that will make your ex-husbands and your children happy, but what about your happiness?"

"Of course I'll be happy if my children and those people around me are happy, their happiness is my happiness."

Hinata's answer is what Kashima was expecting he would say.

"Hinata-san, for all your life you've been selfless, you've been putting others before yourself. When your ex-husbands chase you out you immediately follow and left, it was because you want them to be happy with someone new and be free from you. When you found out you were pregnant you kept it in you, not announcing it to them, because you thought that they wouldn't want the children and because you also thought that you will be a burden to them once more.

When the children are growing inside of you, you made sure that they'll be safe even though your on your own. When you're on the verge of dying from the pain of giving birth and blood loss you thought of your children, who will be left alone with no one to rely on, then you fought between life and death just so you could raise and protect them from the world. For 5 years all your choices has been base from your children's happiness and what's best for them.

Do you see what I'm saying Hinata-san? You've been sacrificing so much more than you should've had. You sacrifice for your ex-husbands happiness, you gave the children the life that you could give sacrificing your own. I admire you for putting yourself aside and choosing to prioritize your loved ones happiness, but you know, too much selflessness can be quite poisonous as being selfish.

I think it's time you put yourself first Hinata-san, atleast in this moment, I believe that whatever your choice will be no one's gonna blame you, after putting people first for the longest time and sacrificing the life that you clearly deserve more than anyone else, no one should be mad at you for being a little bit selfish this time."

Hinata listened intently to what Kashima said realizing that he did sacrifice many things for the sake of others happiness especially his children.

He sighed then look up at the sky, "My Mother taught me to be honest, to be selfless and touch people on a positive way. I always listened to my mother, she was and still is my role model in life. She also sacrificed many things for us and from the looks of it she was happy being able to provide us the life she could give to us even though she's drowning from being our anchor for too long.

I watched her as I was growing up till the moment she died, she looks like she's somehow lost and sad. And now I realize that she must've been way too selfless that she forgot herself along the way, for the way she cared and love us she must have wanted someone who she can rely on.

I think that if she wasn't too selfless she would have had a way better life than she could ever dream of, and that is because she is the only person I know who'll light up my world even in darkest times."

Kashima look at Hinata, he looks like he's reminiscing a past of his, he smiled then asked,

"Hinata-san, have you made up your mind after all that talked?"

Hinata smile, it was but a small smile that hold a much brighter light than before, he then look at the man beside him and let out the answer that his mind and heart decided together;

"Yes"