ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 21

"Are you really sure about your decision Hinata-san?"

Kamitani suddenly ask after helping Hinata and the kids to pack their things on this 'family vacation ' that was planned when Hinata gave them the chance to mend their broken relationship and heal his shattered heart.

"I am Kamitani-kun" after checking their luggage once more Hinata answered Kamitani's question.

"I know that this is big decision and there is that possibility of being betrayed and hurt again, but I'm a risk taker, and as much as I want the children to have a father in their life, I want to us to have something precious like, a happy Family." he added as an afterthought.

"As long as they fulfill their promise to you Hinata-san I'll support you, but just so you know, we're here whatever the outcome of this vacation will be." Kashima said giving Hinata an encouraging smile while softly patting his back.

However, Kamitani still think that the chance Hinata gave to his ex-husbands will only lead to nothing.

And since Kamitani is a blunt person with an indifferent attitude he voiced out his opinion, "I think this is all for nought Hinata-san."

At his Husband's words Kashima let out a gasp and then rebuked him.

"Hayato!"

He then look at Hinata who became quiet, he then turn at Kamitani and gestured him to take the kids at the living room and look after them.

Kamitani, who can't argue with his husband, obeyed without protest and guided the children out of their room.

Kashima let out a sigh, then face Hinata.

"I'm sorry about Kamitani, he means well."

Hinata smiled gently and then spoke, "It's okay Kashima-kun, as Kamitani-kun said maybe this chance I've given may turn for the worst rather than the best."

"Hey we don't know what fate has in store for us, we just gotta believe on the people you've given that chance to create and build a bond that you'll happily embrace and love with all your might."

Kashima then took Hinata's hand and then gently guided him to sit on the bed and made him look at his warm brown eyes.

"Kamitani also experienced a broken family Hinata-san, he grew up listening to his parents fought over smallest things, he watched as his father walk out on them. His mother gave her attention and time for him while working as a teacher, while his bond with his father was awkward. When we were in highschool I found out that his father was our teacher, he was strictly told that every student is treated equally and being his father's son he was prohibited to call him father and to only address him as teacher."

Kashima look past the open door and saw his husband play with the children and keeping them from running amok.

"I tried to help, I talked to him to give his father a chance, and while I succeeded, the problem was he didn't believe that his father loved him and that chance was never accepted also, because when he walked out of Kamitani's life he kept his distance, Kamitani resented him and only refer to him as his 'birth father'. Then when we graduate we found out that when Kamitani was still a kid, his father gave him gifts on special occasions. And while on highschool his mother told us that his father was in every game he played and supported him in discretion."

Kashima smiled sadly for a moment before it change into a gentle one.

"What I'm saying is that when Kamitani's father walked out on him he was insecured and closed his hope of ever giving the man a chance to walk in his life again, as a result he later found out that while he shut him out of his life, his father was by his side all this time and supported him in silence. I want you to know that your feeling of anxiety and insecurity are and is still justified for the past you have gone through, but I also want you to understand that while you were in that state the one who caused it may have been trying and are still willing to be by your side if you just believe that they've changed, that they regretted and that they will support you in the path you'll walk on."

He gently squeeze Hinata's hands.

"I believe that this chance you gave will based on how they'll behave, on how they'll treat you, on how they show their own insecurity, anxiety, regrets and most of all how they'll bare their heart for you to see what it says and who it beats. So just believe at them, believe on the people you have given this chance, believe on them, believe at the people you once loved and is still loving."

Nodding at Kashima's words, Hinata gave Kashima a hug, one that conveyed how grateful he is for having him as a friend, a friend that he badly needed and would appear when he has doubts and insecurities.

As what Kashima said, this chance is what he gave, so the ball is now on his ex-husbands side, it's up to them whether they'll take it or ignore it.

Because Staying or letting go? Sometimes it hurts either way, so just make sure you make the;

right choice.