ʟɪғᴇ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Have you ever been in a car accident?

What causes the accident?

Does someone run into the middle of the road?

Does a car swerve into the wrong lane, or run a red light?

Is the driver of the other car drunk?

Is someone distracted by their cell phone?

One moment the road is there, wide open and safe, the next there are loud noises, acrid smells and pain that you may or may not recover from. A car crash comes as a shock and that's an aspect the movies and novels aren't good at showing. It is the equivalent of looking without seeing, a form of emotional blindness.

Seeing car crashes is no preparation for being in one.

And our protagonist knows it himself, one moment he was with his mother and sister just getting back from their joyous outing. They were driving at the perfect speed, neither too fast, nor too slow. The road was narrow but mostly empty, as it was a weekday. Then, suddenly a car from the wrong way, like it had materialized itself came crashing at them. They did not even get the time to react.

The next thing Shoyo felt after covering his little sister was pain, all over his body. He vaguely registered the noises outside, people was screaming, calling ambulance and gasping in horror as they saw the scene of the crash.

Hinata forced himself to open his eyes and stay conscious, he tried to look at his little sister, but what he saw horrified him more.

His sister covered in blood, and no longer breathing.

He then tried to call his mother, but no response. He hoped she was just unconscious while slowly turning his equally blooded head to the front of the car.

There his mother lies, no movements, covered in blood, not breathing. In short, both his sister and mother are no longer showing signs of life.

They were both Dead!!

Shoyo couldn't scream as he was too shock, shock by what had happened, shock by seeing his only family lying there covered in their own blood showing no signs of living, shock that he saw that scene and being in that same scene. He's too shock that he started feeling his consciousness fading in and out.

And the last thing he remember hearing was sirens, and people rushing toward them, before he completely let darkness consume him.

---------------

Hinata opened his eyes, he look around, confused.

What am I doing here? He thought

Then like waves crashing on the shore, his memories came back.

Then there was only one thing he could do,

He screamed.

He screamed his heart out calling onto his family.

"Mom!"

"Natsu!"

He screamed until Doctors and Nurses started running inside the room, trying and miserably failing to calm the ginger down.

He just struggled at their hold when they deemed it better to just inject him with sedative to make him calm down.

Hinata tried his best to fight the drowsiness of the drugs, but in the end the drug made him surrender and made him go back into that darkness. But before he completely loses all his senses he heard one of the Doctor said.

"Poor child, it must've been hard losing both his mother and sister at the same time."

NO!!

Mom!!

Natsu!!

Come back!!

Don't leave me!!

I need you, Please!!

The darkness swallowed all of his pleading making him unable to let out what his heart wanted to scream.

---------------

This is a place where he wouldn't believe he would ever visit his beloved sister and mother.

A place where the remains of dead people are buried or otherwise interred.

The cemetery.

He walk towards his mother and sister's grave and saw their the writing of their tombstones.

Hinata Akari;
Beloved Mother, friend and companion
A person that brings Light to other people's life
A loving, gentle and kind soul

Hinata Natsu;
Beloved Daughter, sister and friend
A cheerful and bright person like summer
A warm and free soul

He sat there with his bulging belly, he was twenty eight weeks pregnant, and the Doctor said that he might get in labor early as he was carrying five babies. He was advised to rest at the hospital so they could monitor him till the children decided to make an entrance.

He said yes, but he wanted to visit his mother and sister on their death anniversary. He always visits them without fail this very same date and now that he was pregnant, he'll make sure to visit with his babies so that they'll remember that they have a very Loving Grandma and a very Energetic Auntie.

And speaking about the day that said babies that will be making their entrance.

I think it's now, as Hinata felt his belly hurt and then followed by his broken water.

Hinata then said, "I think my babies want to make this day more memorable that it already is."

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Hinata opened his eyes, then he felt a wet sensation at the end of his eyes. He lift his arms and touch it.

It was tears.

He was crying.

He always dreamed about what happened that day whenever their death anniversary came.

He then look beside him.

There are his precious babies all cuddled up by his side.

Breathing.

Moving.

And alive.

The 17th of April

The date his only beloved sister and mother died, leaving him alone, sad and broken. And that is also the date he was given a treasure that he meant to care and love for with all of his heart, the day the children made their grand entrance.

He lovingly kissed their forehead one by one, from his first child up to his youngest, before saying,

"Happy Birthday My Precious Babies"

The tragedy Hinata experienced and the moment he gave life to his beloved babies is now a part of his history, a part of who he was, like everything else he experienced in this journey called;

Life.