ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 17

The cold breeze of the night air hit Hinata's face, he look at the moon which was glowing gently and softly giving light in this dark time.

After remembering that certain memory he couldn't go back to sleep and decided to take a walk in the garden which would usually calm him, once upon a time.

He continue walking the path that'll lead him to the garden, he noted how his body still remembered each hallway, each room, each staircase, places that he usually go to when he was bored. He still remember the places that held certain memories that's both sweet and bitter, happy and sad.

Finally arriving at his destination he stop by the bench and look around, it was still the same with slight difference.

The same flowers he planted, yet in a different place and different sizes, the big tree that he requested to be planted in the middle for when he wanted to take a breath and just take a nap outside, using it as a shade, was still there looking healthy. There was a hammock there once but Bokuto decide to try and jump on it breaking the branch in the process, it didn't help that the branch wasn't so big as it was only estimated for Hinata's weight. Bokuto apologized to him that day while crying and saying that he'll by him a new one or that he would plant a new tree with big branches.

He couldn't help but let out a giggle at the memory, it was one of the memory with them that he treasures.

"Meow!"

Hinata let out a quiet startled shriek, looking at his feet he found an adorable furry animal.

"Apple Pie!" he happily call out the furry cat that keep rubbing its head at his leg.

"Meow~~"

"Well how are you, you little furry baby?" he cooed picking the cat in his arms who only let out a purr and snuggle at his embrace.

"It's nice seeing you too, I missed you!"

"She misses you too"

He let out a shriek again, but flinch at the familiar voice of his pudding headed ex-husband.

He turned around and found him standing behind him silently watching him with an unreadable look in his eyes.

"Oh you're here, umm I'm gonna go back--" he started but was suddenly cut off.

"No wait, can we talk, even just for a moment?"

Hinata look hesitant before nodding and giving him space to sit at the bench his sitting, taking it as his signal Kenma slowly walk at the bench and sit down, he notice the space between them and quietly let out a sigh.

The furball look at the two then she let out a sad, "Meow~"

Shoyo petted her thinking she's asking for his attention.

Apple Pie was their precious fur baby that he and Kenma picked up before, she was covered with mud and have small wounds on her feet. Hinata took one look at her then he pick her up, he went home and clean her up, feed her and attended to her small wounds. He decide to keep her and named her Apple Pie, as it was Kenma's favorite dessert. Kenma also became attached to the cat as the cat was to him, they became gaming buddies, in a sense. When Kenma would play his games Apple Pie would always be there and watch him play and listened to him cussing at the game.

The two stayed silent.

Kenma decided to speak first, it was him who wanted to talk, "So um how are you?"

Hinata look at Kenma still being the same awkward person he is and gave him a small smile, "I'm fine, how about you?"

Kenma look at flowers not wanting to let the ginger see his expression before answering, "I've been better."