1

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

Elizabeth muttered under her breath, clutching her bag against her chest while she held her cup of coffee in her left hand, trying her best to hold it upright so as not to spill its contents. On the first day of her job at the museum and she's late, what a way to give her manager a memorable first impression. She regretted staying up late reading. She wanted to familiarize herself with the museum because she won't be able to due to her job.

She got to run the gift shop inside the museum.

Still, she would be able to look at the different artifacts and other displays that the museum contains about Egyptian History. Most of what she learned in school will be there and she was so ecstatic about it that she had forgotten to sleep early.

Elizabeth slows down her walking to drink a few of her coffee so it would be easy to carry. She was getting closer to the bus stop and she released a breath of relief when it had stopped in front of her, she quickly got in and held onto the handrail before the bus started moving. She left her bag hanging by her side while she drank the rest of her coffee.

Finally, she arrives at her workplace and makes a run for it, she tossed her empty coffee cup in the nearby trash in and made a triumphant noise when it went in perfectly. She glanced down at her wrist, checking the time, she was only a few minutes late but what the hell, a few wouldn't hurt right?

That's what she thought until she saw her manager standing at the gift shop cash register, shooting Elizabeth a disapproving look.

"You're late, Miss Elizabeth." she states the obvious.

"Only for a few minutes." Elizabeth jokes as a response, she chuckled softly but as she raised her head to meet her manager's eyes, her laughter ceased and her smile fell. "Sorry. I'll try not to be late again."

"And on the first day of the job." Donna added as she walked around the register. "How is it you're late, Miss Foster?"

"I unpacked some of my stuff back at my apartment." she lied.

"I see." Donna said, nodding in understanding, "I'm letting you off this time because it's your first time here, but I expect you to be more punctual next time. Not like the bloke, that works here, always late and—"

"Someone else works here?" she asked, unintentionally cutting off Donna. Donna didn't mind though as she quickly provided her an answer by nodding her head. Elizabeth could only nod slowly, being with other people, let alone someone she didn't know wasn't her thing. She wouldn't know what to say to them first, the small talk was always covered by her sister Arabella, who was far more sociable than her.

Donna was about to say something when a loud pair of shuffling footsteps caught her attention, shifting her gaze from Elizabeth and then towards it. Elizabeth turned around and saw a man with disheleved, curly hair as well as his clothes, they looked like he hadn't ironed it for days.