6

When Elizabeth got home, she immediately went to her couch, sighing deeply

When Elizabeth got home, she immediately went to her couch, sighing deeply. The events from earlier played once again in her mind, she wondered what Harrow was going to do to her if Horus hadn't interfered. Meanwhile, Arabella stayed in the village when Bobbi asked for her help to look after it while Harrow was gone. So tonight, she has a flat to her own again.

Harrow's touch lingered in her hands, the feeling of his cane swinging back and forth caused goosebumps in her skin. She didn't know why she was feeling this fear when he was around him.

"What the hell was he doing?" Elizabeth asked with a shaking breath as she lifted her gaze, her eyes scanning the room until it fell upon Horus.

Whatever it was, I'm glad I stopped it.

"Y-Yeah. I haven't thanked you for that, huh?" Elizabeth straightened herself and said, "Thank you."

You know that I could only do much, Elizabeth. That man, Arthur Harrow, I have a bad feeling about him. Be my Avatar and I swear to you, I will never make the mistake I did with your father. I will protect you with all I have.

"Do you...Do you mean that?"

I swear on my life, child.

Elizabeth glanced over her bookshelves where a picture frame of her and Charles was displayed. She took a deep sigh and turned to Horus again.

"When you told my Dad was your Avatar? How did it exactly happen? I know you told me before but...I just want the whole story."

It was years ago. A thief came into their camp at night, stealing one of the artifacts that belonged to me. Your father chased him down, despite the thief having a weapon. Your father fought but another thief came up to him and stabbed him in the back.

He died but for sacrificing himself so that my relic would be brought back. I revived him and made him my avatar in exchange for what I have done to him.

"What kind of relic is that?" Elizabeth asked curiously with a raised eyebrow. Horus stood up and then made his way over to Elizabeth before vanishing into thin air. Elizabeth stood up, eyes roaming the room, looking where Horus could've been.

Go to the window.

Elizabeth obeyed and she walked to the window, opening it and letting the cold night breeze enter her flat. She shivered, her skin forming goosebumps. Elizabeth then felt a strong presence enter her body, nearly pushing her against the windowpane.

Her eyes emitted a white glow before her head moved on its own. It didn't take her long to realize that Horus had taken control of her body. The last time was when they first met so that he could communicate freely. However, it took a toll on the woman's body and he didn't want to harm the poor girl, that wasn't his intent. So he decided that he would show himself, even with the risk of being seen by somebody else.