2

"This isn't right."

Elizabeth turned her head, lifting one eyebrow as Steven began rambling under his breath. He was stating at one of the items wasn't related to Egyptian history at all. Elizabeth chuckled while shaking her head, he'd always done this and every time, she would tell him to pay it no mind, after all, they couldn't do anything about it. Even if they speak against it, Donna would have scolded them, and said something awful that would end up ruining their day.

"Well." she picked up the item from his hand, taking his attention off of it for the first time since he took it. His eyes drift upwards at Elizabeth's smile. "At least it sells and puts money into our wallets."

"Oh come on, you condone this?"he argued back as he watched Elizabeth walk off to the other side of the display shelf, putting the item up there with the rest.

"Of course, I don't. But you do remember the last time we brought it all to Donna, right?"

"Yes—"

"The time before that."

"Uh-huh—"

"And the time before that—"

"I-I get the point, Elizabeth, just stop please."

Elizabeth chuckled softly at Steven's annoyed expression. "Look, as much as I want to help you prove to Donna that some of this—."

She gestured to the items in the gift shop, then pointed to the candies in the register.

"She's just going to berate us," she concluded, placing a hand over his shoulder and patting it. "And I do not want to go through that again."

"You're right..." he said, defeat evident in his tone. Elizabeth turned, watching her friend walk over to the box that was set on the counter, continuing what he was tasked to do. He absolutely abhors the fact that most of what they're selling had no connection to what the museum was displaying, but for Elizabeth, I him being annoyed at the inaccuracy of someof the items they were selling was a sight to see. Steven is mild-mannered but it was his passion for Ancient Egypt that made him like that. She found him quite adorable when he was annoyed.

She had been living in London for half a month now, Steven helped her adjust. She spent most of her time with him since he's the only one whom she finds comfortable to be with. And, the longer she was with him, the more she started to notice a lot about Steven. Like the way he joins his hands together and brings them near his chest when he was happy about something, the way the corners of his eyes crinkle every time he smiles, those were some of the things she noticed.

He once gave her a tour of the museum to help her familiarize the place, and even introduced some of the employees so if the time comes and she needed their help, she wouldn't have to ask for their names anymore because she already knew. She even remembered Steven giving him information about the displays in the museum, all of them she knew already but could not tell him because she liked watching how enthusiastic he was at it.