15

"S-Should we call an ambulance or something?" Layla asked, her voice coated with panic and concern as Marc sat on the ground

"S-Should we call an ambulance or something?" Layla asked, her voice coated with panic and concern as Marc sat on the ground. Marc didn't let go of Elizabeth ever since they left Mogart's estate, worried that if he let her go, something bad will happen. Time escalated and Elizabeth was losing blood. Her healing staggered as well, worrying both Layla and Marc greatly.

He peered down at the gaping stab wound on her belly. It barely closed and Marc kept a hand over it with a clean cloth to stop the bleeding.

"This is not looking good, Elle." Marc told her, eyebrows knotted together in worry as he drifted his gaze back to Elizabeth. Sweat gathered on her forehead as she exerted the strength had left in healing her wounds. Elizabeth didn't want to be a burden to them, with so much at stake.

"We need to get you to a hospital, that way we can—" Marc suggested, but he was interrupted when Elizabeth raised her hand in front of his face.

"I'll be fine." he reassured them but by the look of her state told them otherwise.

Marc's eyes wandered down to her leg where another gaping wound left by Mogart was still not tended to. Seeing Elizabeth in this state because of him made him livid, he wished he finished Mogart when he got the chance.

Elizabeth shifted her body to get out of Marc's grip to sit up, but it only tightened, keeping her in place. Elizabeth shot the man a glare but he seemed unfazed by it and kept a secure hold on her.

"No." he told her firmly when he realized that she was trying to stand up.

"Please, don't slow down because of me." she pleaded, her eyes filled with guilt as she looked at the both of them, "Just give me a minute, and I'll be done."

Layla and Marc shared a look, both pitied the way Elizabeth begged them not to stop the mission because of her. Layla then left to find them a car that would bring them to the desert, although she was adamant. She was worried for Elizabeth just as much as Marc is.

Elizabeth released a relieved sigh, thankful that they listened to her. She was sure she was going to get a big scolding from Horus for allowing herself to get hurt. She couldn't help it, it's been a long time since she heard Steven or see him once again. She missed him terribly.

She was then ripped away from her thoughts when Marc sighed, changing his position so that she was now resting on his lap. He couldn't bring her down on the ground, worried that the dirt might get her wounds infected.

"You know you can just put me down next to you right?" Elizabeth pointed out, a weak smile making its way onto her pale lips.

"No can do." Marc said, smiling when she heard the humor in her tone, "You'll get up like you tried to do just seconds ago."

"I promise I won't." she bit back.

"Still no."

"But—" Elizabeth looked at Marc, seeing that there was no way out of this. Elizabeth broke into a fit of soft laughter, allowing herself to lean against Marc for the time being. Her eyes drifted down to his arm, which was wrapped securely around her, specifically to prevent her from falling off his lap.