4

"Oh no

"Oh no."

Pulling out the thermometer from under her armpit, he sighed at the numbers displayed on the small screen. Lying on the bed beside him was Elizabeth, pulling her comforter tightly around her body as she wiped the snot leaking out of her nose. She tossed the used tissue on a trash bin nearby as she settled her head once again on her pillow.

"Is it bad?" She asked, her voice nasal because of her clogged nose.

"Really bad," Steven flashed her a faint smile before setting down the thermometer, "You should stay in bed."

"Will do." She sniffled, "You're going to be late, you know. Donna won't like that."

"You sure you'll be all right alone?" Steven couldn't get his mind off of yesterday. He wondered what could've made her cry so much. Nonetheless, he didn't have the heart to leave her after what happened.

"I'll be fine," she stated softly, her eyes wandered towards the back of the room where a certain falcon-headed Egyptian God stood. Elizabeth closed her eyes and sighed out of irritation. Thankfully, Steven didn't take that the wrong way, he just assumed she was irritated because she was sick, causing him to laugh while he moved closer to her.

When Elizabeth opened her eyes, she knew instantly what he was about to do and quickly pulled the comforter over her. "Don't! I'm sick and I'm sweaty."

"I don't care," Steven said before pulling the comforter down and their eyes connected. Elizabeth's heart raced as Steven kissed her head. "Laters, gators."

After one last squeeze on her shoulder, he stood and left her room without looking back, leaving a flustered Elizabeth inside her bedroom, trying to calm her heart. She bit her bottom lip, touching her forehead where he has kissed her. His lips left a lingering feeling.
She couldn't help but feel like a giddy teenager in love.

But when she saw something lurking in the shadows, her smile dropped. She groaned loudly for him to hear as well, Elizabeth hoped he got the message and yet he did not leave.

"I told you to go away, Horus." she said with her hand placed over her face, she could feel how hot she was. But when she removed her hands from her face so that she looked across her room, he was still there. Elizabeth shot him a glare before pulling her comforter over her head and closing her eyes so that she could go back to sleep.

But she couldn't do so with someone watching her from across her room. Not only was that creepy but it made her feel uncomfortable.

She pondered why he didn't leave after she shouted at him back in the alley, heck, she didn't know how she had the guts to shout at the literal Egyptian God of the Sky. She was quite thankful that he didn't get angry and gave her some kind of punishment. She recalled a moment in his story when he once got mad at his mother Isis and literally cut her head off.