3

When she awoke the next day, the first thing that came to her mind was Steven kissing her. She bit back a squeal as she reached over the bedside table to grab her phone, immediately texting her sister about it. She was smiling like an idiot as she messaged her sister, her laugh filled her bedroom with the reaction she was getting from Arabella.

With her eyes focused on her screen, Elizabeth walked out of her bedroom. Then she caught the smell of pancakes wafting in the air, causing her to look up from her phone. The first thing she saw was a tall figure standing in her kitchen.

A smile immediately made its way to her face when she recognized who it was.

"Wow, what's this for?"

Steven spun around at the sound of her voice, a smile making its way to his face. "For all the lunches you've made for me, I never got to really thank you for that. So I decided that from now on, I'm going to cook us breakfast."

Elizabeth scoffed, "We'll see about that."

"What do you mean?"

"You can't even wake up early."

Steven placed a hand over his chest, an exaggerated shocked expression evident on his face. "How you wound me."

"I'm just stating facts, love." she cut a piece of the pancake and shoved it in her mouth.

"Don't worry, I will be waking up early from now. So that I could prove to you that I could do it." Steven poured the coffee onto a mug and handed it to Elizabeth, who was standing behind him with a teasing smirk.

"Oh really? Well then, tell me Steven Grant." she taunted him with a challenging tone, moving her mug close to her mouth, she then added, "How are you going to wake up early every morning?"

"You want to know?" he challenged back, moving his face closer to hers.

"Yep."

Steven paused for a moment, his eyes glancing at her parted lips before he said, "Because love, you are the only thing that makes me want to get up in the morning."

Elizabeth found herself unable to find a response for that to what Steven had just confessed. She started at him with wide eyes, mug, pressed against her lips.

"You..." Elizabeth mumbled softly before hitting his shoulder with her vacant hand, "You and your cheesy lines."

She tore another piece of pancake and ate it before walking past him to get to the refrigerator. After spotting the butter, she grabbed it and closed the door, only to jump in surprise when standing behind the door was Steven.

"I meant it, love," he admitted genuinely, his hand reaching up to hold her arm in a reassuring, gentle way. "I meant it."

Steven held Elizabeth's gaze for a few beats, finding himself lost in them. He loved looking at them from the moment he first saw her.
Elizabeth chuckled breathily as he pushed his face away to get to her pancakes. She was hiding the redness of her face, not wanting to be teased by him further.