8

18+ warning - dubious content (could be considered non-con)

Elizabeth woke up the next day, feeling energized and ready for the day. It's been a long since she had a full night's sleep and sleeping with Steven helped her achieve that. She carefully propped herself up and peered over at the man sleeping soundly behind her. Last night, Steven had his arms enveloped around her, now, his back was facing her.

Elizabeth brushed it off and left the bed slowly, so as to not wake up Steven. She hopped over the sand, not wanting to have a footprint and make him think that it was his. She walked past the aquarium and she bent down so she could get a good look at the goldfish that had miraculously grown one of its fins.

"Good morning, Gus." she greeted, grabbing the fish food shaker before pouring a suitable amount for the goldfish She decided to do it herself so Steven wouldn't have to. The goldfish dug in right after, eating very quickly and in a matter of seconds, the food she had thrown in there was gone.

"Hungry, aren't you?" she said with a chuckle while watching the fish swim about. She then walked to the kitchen, cleaning up the mess before she grabbed a metal bowl after she surprisingly found a box of pancake mix in his cupboards.

"Are pancakes vegan?" she questioned herself as she stared down at the box with a lifted eyebrow. She wondered at the thought for a minute until she shrugged it off and opened the box. When she walked back to the bridge to grab a few wet ingredients, her head bumped against the cupboard door. She groaned softly as she went to grab wet ingredients from his fridge before mixing them all together. As she mixed the batter, she heard footsteps padding against the wooden floor, causing her to turn around.

Steven had awoken, eyes still heavy with sleep as he stared at Elizabeth.

"Good morning." she greeted him with the mixing bowl in hand, "I hope you don't mind but I made breakfast."

Steven looked at her with his eyes half-open, he responded with a hum and sat down on the table near the kitchen, groaning softly. Elizabeth tilted her head, staring at him with a perplexed gaze.

"Are you okay?" She asked, setting the mixing bowl on the table before situating herself in front of Steven. Steven lifted his head from his hands, his eyes growing wide as if he was surprised to see her there.

"Are you okay?" She reiterated, then found herself chuckling with the way Steven reacted. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

She rose to her feet while she tied her hair in a bun, exposing more of her face. "Well, I might as well be. Because of what I look like now."

"You like fine," Steven replied, but it sounded different. His accent was gone, replaced with an American one but not the one she hears from most Americans she encountered in the museum, something more different. "If anything, you look gorgeous in my clothes, darlin'."