5

When she woke up the next morning, it was as of she had never gotten sick at all

When she woke up the next morning, it was as of she had never gotten sick at all. And it was because of Horus. Slowly, she rose from her bed, carefully to not wake her sister. She looked over at the small clock on her bedside table and saw what time it was. By this hour, Steven was up and making them breakfast.  

Strange enough, Steven wasn't in her flat yet. Her eyes scanned the room with a puzzled look on her face, it was indeed strange. After cooking up some breakfast for her and Arabella, she went for a quick shower, half expecting that when she comes out, Steven was bursting through the door.

But he never came.

Worry grew in her chest, wondering what could've happened to him. She headed to his flat but doesn't barge in like she usually does since she figured that he was still sleeping. She wanted him to get as much sleep as possible, these past few days he seemed to be getting lesser sleep that she could no longer ignore the bags under his eyes. She hoped that was the case but yet she could not quell the dread inside of her.

She knocked a couple of times on the door before calling for him. "Steven? Are you there?"

She was expecting a quick response but it never came.

Instinctively, she grabbed ahold of the doorknob and twisted it. Her eyes grew wide in surprise when she find out it was unlocked, it was unlike of Steven to leave it unlocked especially all the measures he makes just to keep this closed.

Curiosity and worry got the best of her and so, she marched on inside, but with slow, careful steps. Her eyes searched the room, there were a few books left open here and there. Her eyes then drifted towards Gus, swimming aimlessly in his tank.

The more she wakes deeper into his flat the more she had gotten closer to her bed. What she saw next made her heart drop.

Her gaze first fell upon the ankle restraint Steven told her about. It was left on top of his unmade bed. She then looked to the floor, where she recalled the sand was, and found no footprints on them that could tell if Steven had left or not.

"Oh god," she muttered under her breath, running her hand through her to pull them back. "Where are you?"

She hurried out of his flat, locking it so that no one else could enter.

I sensed that you are worried, child. I came as quick as I could.

Elizabeth looked over at the source of the voice and saw Horus, standing a few meters away from her, concern filling his eyes as he gazed down at her in anticipation.

"Steven's not at his flat." Elizabeth huffed as she started to head down to the elevator, she walked past Horus who then reappeared once again inside the lift with her. He altered his height so that he was able to fit inside. A smile ghosted her features, Horis had admitted that he came as soon as he could when he sensed that she was distressed.