13

After giving them a heads up for the tomb of Senfu, Elizabeth and Marc wasted no time heading back to the city

After giving them a heads up for the tomb of Senfu, Elizabeth and Marc wasted no time heading back to the city. They questioned everyone they came to, and none of them answered; either they wouldn't know who Senfu was or what it was, or they would immediately shy away from them as if they were scared.

All they knew was that the sarcophagus was sold on the black market and so far no one could lead them to it.

The weather started to take a toll on Elizabeth. Sure it was foolish to still wear her coat under the harsh sun of Egypt but she thought it would protect her from the light when in fact it made it worse. She was half-drenched in her sweat, and it left her with a sticky feeling, making her aggravated as time went on.

"Bloody thing! Bloody pain in the ass!" Elizabeth exclaimed as she stopped in her tracks. She started to remove her coat off of her torso, revealing how her shirt was almost completely soaked in sweat and her skin glistening with it.

Marc turned around when he heard a string of soft profanities coming behind him. Elizabeth was catching up to him as she folded her coat over her arm.

"Why we're you still wearing that thing when you know it's very hot?" He questioned her, eyes darting down to the coat that hung over her arm like a used towel.

"Something I thought that would be helpful but turns out it's not." She deadpanned as she looked at herself once again, "Now I regret it."

"Why would you wear that anyway?"

"I didn't have a choice, Marc! I was called for a meeting of the Ennead and it was urgent!" She snapped back at him, but her voice deflated back to its normal tone when Marc raised both of his hands in front of her, as to tell her to keep it down.

"It was cold back home. Steven would relate." She said, her voice softer this time.

Marc chuckled softly at that. "We'll find you somewhere to buy you some clothes. You've got cash?"

Elizabeth hummed as her hands began to check her pockets in her trousers, clicking her tongue when she found nothing. She then rummaged through her coat pockets, only to pull out her phone and a packet of Maltesers.

Marc's eyebrows knitted together in confusion as he glanced between the two items and the woman who held them.

"Oh, God," Marc muttered softly, his hand rubbing up and down his face as a sigh came out from his lips.

"Why'd you have...chocolates in your pocket instead of money?" He enunciated each word through gritted teeth, shooting Elizabeth an incredulous look.

"The question is why don't you have Maltesers in your pocket?" Elizabeth countered, chuckling at Marc but the smile on her face dropped immediately when she saw that he was not amused.

"I didn't have it in my pocket at the time. I mean, why would have your wallet in your pocket when you're inside the house." Elizabeth explained as she tore the packet, frowning when she saw the chocolate had melted and was oozing out.