7

Elizabeth released a weary huff with one last powerful swing of her spear

Elizabeth released a weary huff with one last powerful swing of her spear. Her muscles ached with weariness, her arms were trembling now, begging her to stop but she wasn't going to. Not until Horus said so. As he had promised, he trained her and Horus was seeing progress despite having started two days ago. Horus stood a few feet away from her, watching her with an impressed look on his face, applauding her performance. Horus knew something was fueling Elizabeth and he knew what it was but he chose not to talk about it.

He did not expect her to be a quick learner. he couldn't wait to see her in action, which he thinks will come soon.

Well done, Elizabeth.

Elizabeth exhaled heavily as she walked over to the log where she kept her gym bag. "Was that good?"

Better than yesterday.

"Great!"

But we still have a long way to go. We will yet see how you are going to put that into action.

"Are we going to fight some bad guys now?" Elizabeth asked playfully as she sat on the log. Opening her bag, she pulled out her towel and began wiping her face with it.

We will. Soon.

Elizabeth nodded and looked inside her bag once more and saw her phone. Deep inside, she wanted to pick it up but also, she didn't want to be disappointed. It had been two days. Two days since she heard anything from Steven. After eating steak on her own, she went straight home to confront him but when she walked inside, she never saw him. She immediately tried to call his phone but all of her calls were answered by his answering machine.

You seem distraught, child. Is it because of...

"He hasn't answered any of my calls or texts," Elizabeth muttered dejectedly as she set her water flask on the ground. "I'm beginning to think that, something bad happened to him."

She glanced over her phone again when it dinged, it was a text from her older sister, but for now, she wanted to believe that it was from Steven. All she wanted was something to tell her that Steven was alright and not...

Elizabeth picked up her phone and tapped on the message icon to read what Arabella had sent her. "She wants me to go home."

Elizabeth stood up and began gathering her things. The spear of Horus shrunk a little bit more, allowing it to fit more easily inside of her gum bag.  Horus nodded in understanding before he vanished, leaving Elizabeth alone with her thoughts as she walked to the streets to call a cab.

When she arrived in front of her flat, she looked over her shoulder, almost tempted to go into his flat, expecting him to be inside, reading his books about Egyptian history. Elizabeth sighed as he shook her head, ridding her mind off of those thoughts that gave her false hope before going inside her flat.