20

The tension was palpable when she first stepped into the portal leading to the chamber of the Gods

The tension was palpable when she first stepped into the portal leading to the chamber of the Gods. Even when she was still inside, she could feel their presence, making her wince in worry as she believed she was the only one left to arrive. When she reached the end of the tunnel leading to the Chamber of the Gods, she saw all the avatars gathered around each other, all sharing the fearful and confused looks on their faces as the imminent danger approached. She didn't know how fast Harrow's disciples would come here but she needed to warn them quickly. But

But seeing the look of disdain on Osiris' avatar made her shudder, causing her to take a step back with her hand over her chest. Her heart raced, anxiety creeping into Elizabeth's chest. She wondered how she was going to face them. How was she going to explain to Horus that they had been working with Khonshu behind their backs?

A million thoughts raced in her mind. She should've thought this through.

"Horus. I-I think we're being rash in here." She looked to her side, expecting Horus to be standing beside her but found nothing. "We should've thought this through. Especially me. What should I tell them?"

When she peered over, she found Osiris now pacing back and forth. He was waiting for Horus and his avatar to arrive, everyone else was here now and he was now wondering what was taking him so long. It happened once now, the second time, Osiris was now getting suspicious.

Don't fret.

Elizabeth scoffed, "Easier said than done, Horus."

Just trust me.

Still filled with uncertainty and dread, Elizabeth had no choice but to follow Horus. After all, he's the only one she's got. But her mind couldn't help but wander back to Layla and Marc. Elizabeth wanted nothing more than to be at Layla's side as she mourned Marc. She too also wanted to mourn Marc, even though they got off to a rough start, she will never forget the many times Marc had helped her throughout the time they were together. She would definitely not forget when he saved her from the jackal in the museum back in London. Tears began to brim her eyes, blurring her vision. Knowing he was gone also meant that Steven was gone as well.

Elizabeth blinked away her tears, pushing the thought of Layla, Marc, and Steven into the back of her mind to set her focus on the situation at hand. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves first before she exited the tunnel.

Her presence immediately caught Osiris' eyes and before she knew it, Osiris' avatar was right in her face, glowering at her that made Elizabeth shiver.

"Where have you been?" He hissed, his stature towering over her, Elizabeth opened her mouth to speak but her words only came out in stammers. "We have been waiting for you, what have you–"

He suddenly fell silent as his eyes wandered down to Elizabeth's appearance. It hasn't been that long ago since they last saw each other in the Chamber of Gods but the woman in front of him looked like she had been through a lot these past few hours. Her clothes were covered with dirt and blood, and her trousers and boots were wet from the water that surrounded the tomb of Alexander the Great after she and Layla collected Marc's body. As he looked further down, he didn't fail to catch the weapon she tightly grasped in her right hand. Seeing it had only set him off and immediately, he pieced it all together.