1

Soft pitter-patter of tiny feet was heard throughout a quaint home in the streets of Tokyo. The small murmurs of cartoons resounding came from the television situated in the center of the living room was heard. The aroma of avocado toast, eggs, and bacon filled the noses of the people living the resident. "Mama!!"

Feeling a small pair of hands tug at her dress, (Y/n) looked down at her two year old daughter; Mira. Her soft brown hair swished around as her big blue orbs stared up at her mother with such innocence and purity. She was an unexpected surprise from her ex-fiance.

"Yes, love?" (Y/n) turned back to the counter where there were crushed egg shells, a packet of bread open, and a spread of avocado on a small container. The teapot on the stove was slowly boiling. The young woman was cooking breakfast for her and her daughter.

Mira gave her puppy eyes, jutting out her lip in a pout, "I'm hungry!" She spoke in her tiny voice. Mira had her own personality and didn't take after the (h/c)-ette at all. She was a bit shy when it came to new people and often had a hard time making friends but at home she was very energetic and happy.

(Y/n) smiled gently at her daughter, patting her head, "Breakfast is almost done. Why don't you help mama by taking a seat and be patient, yeah?" Mira nodded enthusiastically, "Hai!!!"

Frying the eggs till they're scrambled, (Y/n) quickly spread the avocado dip across the toasted bread, sprinkling some garnish on top and placing it to the side. Once the eggs were well done, she put them on the plate and carried them to the dining table. The (h/c)-ette then poured a glass of orange juice in a sippy cup for her daughter, "Itadakimasu!" Both mother and daughter clapped their hands in gratitude.

Once the both of them finished breakfast, (Y/n) collected the dirty dishes and washed them. She then ushered her daughter to get ready, "C'mon baby, you have school today." The (h/c) patted Mira's bum gently, the little girl squealing as she ran upstairs, giggling loudly.

(Y/n) laughed, tidying up the place as she collected her purse and jacket, waiting by the doorstep just as Mira came tumbling down the stairs in a hurry, "Mama!! I'm ready!!" She beamed up at the (h/c)-ette.

(Y/n) pinched her cheeks gently with a soft smile, "Got all your books?" Mira nodded, "All your crayons and pencils?" Mira nodded again. The (h/c) placed the packed bento in her daughter's school bag, "Yosh! Time to head out!!" (Y/n) playfully marched around, earning giggles from her daughter.

The streets were full of people as usual. It was a Monday morning so it was rush hour. The spring weather was the start of blooming flowers, yet the air was a still a bit chilly. The sky was a clear blue with a few clouds passing by airily as if they didn't have a care in the world.

Cars were loudly honking at each other in a rush to get to work. Men, women, and children were off the work or school in groups or cups of coffee in their hands. It was a busy day for everyone.

(Y/n) worked at a cafe near the city. The wage was at most eighteen dollars an hour but it was enough to help her pay the bills, buy groceries, and use the remaining for her daughter.

Ever since (Y/n) lived alone after breaking up with her ex-fiance, life was a bit of a struggle. She became pregnant two months later and thankfully her parents—who lived in the states—were understanding and supported her with no expense at all.

Once (Y/n) spotted the elementary school, she stopped Mira and herself in front of the school gates. Bending down, the (h/c)-ette placed her hands on Mira's shoulders, giving the little brunette a small smile, "Be good for mama, okay?" Mira nodded eagerly, "Hai, mama!!!"

"Pay attention to the teacher."

"Hai mama!"

"Always treat everyone with equal respect and be nice."