2

Yawning, (Y/n) got up from her large bed. It was morning and the sun was peaking through the white curtains, casting a bright glow around the room. Swishing the curtains to either side, the (h/c)-ette looked out the window. The newspaper guy was riding his bicycle as usual, tossing the rolled up sheets at the door.

It was five in the morning, the red numbers of her clock glaring at her from the nightstand.

The first thing (Y/n) did was fix her bed up before grabbing her towel and heading to the bathroom to shower. Once she finished doing her morning necessities, she quietly went to her daughters room, peeking through the crease to Mira soundly sleeping, her stuffed bear clutched in her arms.

Ruffling the (h/c) locks of her hair, (Y/n) went downstairs to put on the tv at low volume before beginning to make breakfast. Taking out the ingredients, she begun making some soft fried potatoes with a platter of fruit to the side along with mini pancakes with maple syrup.

The soft rushing of small feet was heard as Mira popped her head into the kitchen, "Ohayo, mama!!" The little girl clambered up the seat, placing her hands on the table with a happy grin.

"Ohaya, darling. Did you brush today and take a shower?" Mira nodded, watching her mama cook, "I did!!"

(Y/n) chuckled, placing the plate down in front of her daughter and taking the seat opposite her, cutting her pancakes and munching on them, "Did you finish your homework?" Mira nodded, drinking from her sippy cup.

Once breakfast was over, (Y/n) did the usual and dropped Mirai off the elementary school before heading to work. She greeted her friends and co-workers with a bright smile.

She flicked the lights and machines on, warmed up the rooms by plugging in the portable heaters, and pulled her hair into a messy bun on top of her head.

(Y/n) watched the window. The sky was the color of whipped cream, tinged with a hint of blue. She linked her hands together, made sure no one needed her, and walked to the window behind the counter. She stood before it, hand pressed up against the glass, and watched the people pass by.

The regulars that came by greeted the (h/c)-ette with a smile as she returned to her post behind the counter, "Hey Chitose, the usual, right?"

Chitose grinned at her, fishing out his wallet, "Yup! Double espresso with two pumps of cream and milk." He handed her the yen, "Oh and some of your delicious taiyaki, dear!"

(Y/n) rolled her eyes at Chitose. He was an overall flirt whenever he came to get his usual. He was twenty four and working as a librarian. "Anything else added to your order, honey?" She played along.

Chitose laughed, waving his hand, "Nah, this is fine." (Y/n) laughed, prepared his order and giving it to him. "Have a nice day, Chitose." The (h/c)-ette shooed him away.

Sakura nudged her, wiggling her eyebrows at (Y/n), "Ooh, looks like someone is interested in you, (N/n)."

Gawking at her friend, (Y/n) scoffed, shaking her head in denial as she restocked the inventory, "What? No! Chitose doesn't like me that way! Besides, he's older than me! I'm sure he has a girlfriend." The (h/c)-ette denied the assertion.

Sakura hummed, leaning against the counter with her elbows on the counter, glancing at the door where Chitose left, "Are you really that dense, (Y/n)? I know that look Chitose gives you and that isn't a friendly one. He's clearly into you." She surmised.

(Y/n) sighed, side eyeing Sakura, "Even if he is, I have a daughter to take care of. I highly doubt Chitose would stay interested in me if he found out I have a daughter. Most men, especially the younger ones, don't stay in committed relationships with an eighteen year old mother." (Y/n) pointed out harshly. "Besides, I'm not looking for a relationship right now." The (h/c)-ette murmured.