22

November; Thanksgiving & Mira's Birthday.

Day Four With Kantou Manji.

Thanksgiving, the time for.

Delectable smells, good conversation, and the comfortable atmosphere make Thanksgiving one of (Y/n)'s favorite meals of the year. She will always have fond memories of the dinner table covered with platters of food. From the time the cooking starts until the satisfaction of that first bite.

Unfortunately, because of (Y/n)'s situation, her parents weren't able to spend it with her or Mira, lest they be a target. So for their own protection, the (h/c)-ette made them stay in Canada. Normally, she would have her whole family gathered comfortably nearby, but the circumstances have changed.

Luckily, (Y/n) had Tenjiku and Kantou Manji. She can't help but feel happy that she and Mira won't be alone.

The relaxing hum of a luxurious mansion filled with people she loves mingles with the crackling fire to create a soothing harmony.

The delicious smell of roasting chicken adds to the medley of heavenly aromas wafting through the house. The kitchen is spacious, with a large island and cabinets stuffed full of pots, pans, and utensils.

When (Y/n) starts cooking, however, it seems like she's running a marathon trying to get to the finish line just before the buzzer stops.

The odor of pungent onions stings, bringing tears to the (h/c)-ette's eyes. She could never get used to the vegetable.

Yet, it was all worth it when the buttery aroma of the brussels sprouts roasting in the oven drift out to envelope the kitchen in yet another delightful smell.

Both gangs walked into the kitchen and spotted a chicken, smoked ham‚ macaroni and cheese‚ corn on the cob‚ sweet potatoes‚ stuffing‚ mashed potatoes‚ and greens. The delightful scents of chicken, cheese‚ buttered corn‚ sweet yams‚ and gravy filled the air.

Their mouths watered.

A feeling of nostalgia washed over them, some more than others. It's been years since they actually had a thanksgiving meal made by anyone since they were busy as gangs/criminals and were always fighting. Both Tenjiku and Kantou Manji, during this time of year, would usually buy restaurant food.

Yet, ever since (Y/n) came into their life, it was like they were a family; husbands and wife along with a kid. What more could they want? Everything seemed fit for perfection.

They hear a timer go off as their eyes darted to (Y/n), who rushed to the oven, wearing a pink apron, opening it and taking out the sponge cake and placing it on the large counter top.

Besides Thanksgiving, it was also Mira's third birthday, hence why (Y/n) is making a cake for her precious daughter.

Mitsuya stepped forward, a concerned look on his face, "(Y/n)? Do you need help?" He didn't want to leave her by herself to do all the work.

The (h/c)-ette glanced up at him and the guys, smiling faintly as she rubbed her cheek with the back of her hand, smearing flour on her skin, "Uh, actually, yes." She paused in her work, turning to face them, "As you know, today is Mira's birthday, so I was hoping if some of you can take her out for the day while the other half get decorations and help put them up before she comes home."

The guys glanced at each other, debating on who will do what, after a few moments, Wakasa, Sanzu, Kazutora, Ran and Rindou stepped up, "We'll take Mira out for the day, no worries, (Y/n). We'll make sure she's well protected." Wakasa said, smirking.

"Is there anything specific you do during this time?" Ran questioned, a hand on his hip, twin braids on either shoulder.

(Y/n) hummed, glancing up at the older Haitani, "Normally, my parents would do the cooking while my cousin and me would take Mira to the park or to some of the famous spots in Canada, or we'd ask her where she wants to go." She informed.