Beneath The Earth (3)

THE ENCHANTED FOREST: PRESENT DAY

Given her supernatural abilities and talents, Buffy was running at inhuman speed ahead of Mulan, Mary Margaret, and Emma towards where they knew Cora and Hook would be opening up the portal to Storybrooke.
Given how much faster she was compared to the regular human beings Buffy arrived at Lake Nostos first, her eyes instantly landing on where Hook and Cora were standing side by side about to jump into the large portal with the compass.
Pulling out one of her throwing knives, Buffy launches it through the air, causing it to catch the handle of the compass, sending it flying out of Cora's hands.

Coming up behind the witch and Hook, Buffy leaps up kicking Hook in the chest sending him crashing to the floor before she spins around sucker-punching Cora in the face. As Cora hits the ground with a thud Buffy grins innocently "Oh I'm sorry, did I interrupt your evil monologue?"
Letting out a huff of annoyance Cora pulls herself to her feet glaring over at the blonde "You are annoyingly persistent."
"I prefer committed..." Tilting her head curiously at the witch Buffy frowns softly "You have fruit punch mouth."
"What?"
Instantly, Buffy sent her fist flying yet again at Cora's face, probably shattering the witch's jaw.

"Buffy! The compass!" Mary Margaret exclaims as she runs into the field closely followed by Mulan and Emma. Instantly Buffy spins around her eyes landing on the other side of the lake where Hook was making his way towards the compass.
Taking off in a run, Buffy leaves the other three women to handle Cora while she chased down Hook. To be honest, she would rather fight him given he had her damn scythe currently hanging from his belt.

Spotting him about to reach the compass, Buffy launches herself through the air tackling him away from the object. Sending the two of them rolling across the floor.
As they come to a stop Buffy flips herself back up to her feet before glaring at him furiously as he slowly pulls himself to his feet "You've got something of mine." She snaps causing him to chuckle softly before shocking her by pulling the scythe from his belt and tossing it over to her.
As she catches the shiny red weapon in her hand, Buffy quirks a confused eyebrow at the pirate as he pulls out his sword, the two of them standing opposite each other now both armed.
"I am a gentleman after all. I'd never keep a lady's weapon plus I prefer a fair fight Luv."

Snorting softly, Buffy twirls the scythe in her palm playfully before shrugging "Honey, this is anything but fair...for you."
"You're confident, I like it." He flirts right back before swinging his sword through the air aiming right for her.

Quickly raising the scythe Buffy blocks his blade before twisting her wrist and flipping into a front layout, her feet connecting with the pirate's face, sending him stumbling back painfully.
Spinning back around as she lands gracefully on her feet, Buffy quickly ducks under Hook's sword as he swings it easily in her direction.
Throwing her body forward, Buffy rolls under his arm coming right up behind him. Quickly jumping back up to her feet Buffy runs straight at him and shocks him by leaping up, wrapping her legs around his neck.

Clenching her thighs tightly around his throat, Buffy uses the momentum and throws her body backward, sending Hook flying right over her crashing face-first to the ground.

Landing on his chest with a painful thud, the pirate couldn't help but smirk as Buffy flips back up to her feet with such grace and agility. Buffy was certainly impressive, he had never seen anyone fight like her.
"You're a spry one pet." He compliments before shocking her by suddenly bending back to reach his hook out, narrowly managing to catch the bag that was containing Aurora's heart before it could fall into the portal.

 Turning her head in shock Buffy glances over to where the others were fighting Cora. Well more accurately, Emma had just been tossed across the floor by Cora's magic and Mulan had almost leaped into the portal after Aurora's heart.

Turning to toss Aurora's heart back to the surprised Mulan, Hook moves to pick his sword back up before glancing back over at Buffy with a small smirk "I may be a pirate, but I bristle at the thought of a woman losing her heart...unless it's over me."

While Mary Margaret screams at Mulan to leave and get Aurora's heart back to the young princess, Buffy turns back to Hook with a raised eyebrow.

She had to admit she hadn't been expecting that "Look who's got a soft side."
Amused by her taunting Hook chuckles softly before swinging his sword at her once again, which she promptly blocks with the scythe.
As he moves in closer to her, their chests practically pressed up against each other Buffy slams her forehead forward causing the pirate to grunt in agony as blood begins pouring from his nose "I didn't think you were one to fight dirty Luv."
"Oh bite me." The blonde snarks with a roll of her eyes only to let out a gasp of shock as Hook slams his knee into her gut before tacking her to the ground, pinning her beneath him.
As he stands over her with his sword pointed at her chest as she holds the scythe keeping his blade from impaling her the pirate grins down at her flirtatiously "Don't be so shocked Slayer, you're not the only one who fights dirty."
"You really like the sound of your own voice, don't you?" Buffy hisses out in annoyance as she glares up at him trying not to smirk. She was literally laying on top of the compass, he had practically handed this fight right into her hands.
As she slowly reaches to grasp her fingers around the compass Buffy smirks up at Hook as he continues to lean closer to her smugly, thinking that he was winning "Normally, I prefer to do other more enjoyable activities with a woman on her back. With my life on the line, you've left me with no choice. A bit of advice? When I jab you with my sword you'll feel it."

Rolling her eyes at his obvious innuendo, Buffy shocks him by slamming her foot into his groin causing him to freeze as a wave of agony flows through him. As the sword slips from his grasp as his hand automatically moves to his now injured area Buffy giggles in amusement before flipping back up, her feet slamming into his jaw as she flies back to a standing position.
As he falls back onto his back, quivering in pain Buffy pulls the compass out from behind her back "Sorry to burst your bubble But I prefer to be on top." She teases before slamming her foot into his face once more, knocking him out cold "Night-night Cap."

"Buffy look out!"

Hearing Mary Margaret scream at her, Buffy spins around only for her eyes to widen as she takes in the sight on display on the other side of the lake.

Mary Margaret was on the ground while Emma currently had Cora's hand inside of her chest.
However, that wasn't the only thing that made Buffy pause, it was the purple energy bolt of magic hurdling right at her.

Before Buffy could even blink the bolt of magic connected with her chest, however, to everyone's shock the blonde didn't even budge.
Instead of killing her or at least sending her flying off her feet as the magic hit her chest Buffy's skin seemingly absorbs the energy.

The magic flowed through Buffy's skin filling the Slayer with a sudden wave of strength and energy.
Gasping softly, Buffy places a hand on her unharmed chest before quickly her mind refused as a large burst of white pure magic leaves Emma, sending Cora flying back away from her.

The savior's heart was still inside of her chest, Cora having been unable to rip it from her.

Staring at Emma in shock, Buffy quickly shakes away all of her confusing questions as Cora hits the ground.
With Hook and Cora out of commission, this was their chance to get the hell out of here.
Running over to Emma and Mary Margaret with the compass in her hand Buffy gives the other two women a small grin "So we ready?"
Nodding softly both Emma and Mary Margaret each take one of Buffy's hands before the three of them take their chance and jump right into the portal.

Finally leaving The Enchanted Forest behind.