Trapped In A Nightmare (4)

"Hello?!"

Hearing the yelling from the storage unit in one of the rooms in the lower deck she was currently searching, Buffy grins before making her way toward the unit. Bending down the blonde grabs onto the wood and rips it from the floor revealing the storage unit underneath.
Yet, that wasn't all she found, sure enough, Buffy's eyes landed on the man who had been calling out for help, a man with his hands bound by rope.

"Hey." She waves awkwardly as she pulls him out of the storage unit before helping him over to a seat.

Ripping the binds from his arms without much effort Buffy smiles kindly over at the ginger man in front of her "I'm Buffy, I'll be your rescuer today."
"Archie." The therapist breaths as he stares at the young blonde in shock as she rips the binds from him easily "You...you're..."

"Archie..." Buffy breaths purposely ignoring the knowing look forming on his face, clearly, everyone in this town had known about her.
She really had been the last person to find out.

"Aren't you supposed to be dead?"

"I suppose that is what the town believes." He breaths before allowing the blonde to help him up to his feet. Throwing his arm over her shoulder Buffy takes most of his weight as she brings him back up to the top deck before gesturing to the exit "Go, now."
"Wait..." He exclaims in confusion as he spots her already moving back towards the lower deck "You're not coming with me?"
Quickly shaking her head Buffy sighs as she glances around the Jolly Roger, which to be honest, just made her dream the other night make a hell of a lot more sense. The fact that Hook and his ship were here meant that he had to have come through a portal.

Which meant...she had hope of getting home.

"Can't. I have a pirate to interrogate, just go. I'll be good. Well, not good, but good in the sense that he's tied up, so he's probably not gonna be good if he doesn't talk." She babbles in her signature Buffy babble before practically shoving Archie off the ship waving her fingers slightly "Bye!"

**

THE DEMONIC WORLD: SAN FRANSISCO
TWO YEARS AGO

With her hands bound behind her back and a new bruise blossoming on her forehead, Buffy sighs in annoyance as she sits on the uncomfortable chair she is strapped to. Merely being forced to listen to the blue-skinned demon bragging on the phone to his boss.

"Told you I would get her and you called me an idiot, but this idiot caught the Slayer, not the Korg brothers or Wolfram and Harts's other little dummies. So suck it! And pay up."

At the demon's words, Buffy groans in annoyance.
She should have guessed Wolfram & Hart were involved in this. She had killed Angel, interrupting their big plans of evil running the world, plus she had released a ton of Slayers into the world.

AKA...just getting in the way of their plans for world domination even further.

It made sense that they were probably funding all of Ward's missions, though it just meant her life just got a lot more complicated.

"So, Ward's working in cahoots with Wolfram & Hart huh?" She pipes up drawing the demon's attention and making his eyes widen in panic, as he realizes that he had been basically been feeding her information while he had been on the phone bragging.

"I take it they're still pissed about the Angel thing huh? That explains a lot actually. How Ward has got so many connections in the demon world. Let me guess he made a deal with Lawyers comma evil for cash and probably influence in the Government. The question is who went to who first? I mean was Ward always a woman-hating jerk and Evil incorporated just gave him purpose or did he go to them after he already set his crazy eyes on me? Hmm..."

As she mumbles out her newfound knowledge to herself, trying to figure out what was most likely, the blonde let out a sudden sharp hiss as the demon backhands her across the face.

As her face swings to the side, Buffy winces slightly at the new searing pain in her jaw before turning her gaze back to the demon and smirking up at him playfully.

"Oh, I'm sorry, was I not supposed to know that?"