Life Isn't A Fairytale (1)

'Two sisters...two different paths.'

'One was chosen to defeat the forces of darkness...'

'One was destined to break a terrifying Curse...'

'Together, they would fight against evil and protect the ones they loved.'

***

THE ENCHANTED FOREST: PRESENT DAY

"My name is Buffy... Buffy Summers."

Since the second those words had been uttered from the blonde girl's mouth, Mary Margaret could practically feel the tears of joy streaming down her face. The blood-covered badass blonde who was currently laying on the horse half-asleep struggling to keep her eyes open was her daughter.
Her youngest daughter.
The newborn baby she had barely held in her arms for a minute before she was torn away from her.

Those innocent little green eyes were now tainted in pain and anger. Just like how Emma's had been filled with loneliness and abandonment, Buffy's were filled with something darker.
Moving over to the blonde, Mary Margaret smiles weakly as she reaches out to take Buffy's hand only for the blonde to quickly retract reaching for a knife "Shh." The pixie-haired woman tries to soothe her daughter "It's okay just me. You need to stay awake. You've lost a lot of blood. We're almost there."
Buffy couldn't help but snort slightly at that, if this bullet ended up being the thing that killed her she wouldn't be able to stop laughing at the irony "I've had worse...though I can see my enemies laughing if this is how I go. Buffy Anne Summers, one stray bullet one giant leap for bad guy kind."

Mary Margaret sighs at her youngest daughter's words, it just made her want to pull her into a tight hug and protect her from those enemies, from the monsters of the world she had come from. Just the sight of her baby laid there, covered in blood, sent shivers of terror down her spine.

"How'd you get shot?" Emma asks curiously from the other side of the horse, having refused to leave her clueless sister's side.
Buffy merely gives the elder blonde a slight shrug "You know the classic tale. Boy meets girl. They fight, girl gets shot by boy, girl sets boy on fire. Simple."

Before either woman could question what that meant Mulan pulls to a stop in front of them causing all three girls to glance in the direction of the small community they were approaching.

 As the residents all stare at them in confusion, Mary Margaret's eyes widen as she hears a very familiar voice which just brought a bright smile to her face.

"Snow?"

Mary Margaret lets out a small bubble of laughter before rushing over to the knight throwing herself into his arms, embracing him tightly for the first time in almost 30 years.

As the two continue to get reacquainted, Emma heads off followed closely by Mulan. Buffy however remained frozen for a moment, merely eyeing the compound closely, trying to figure out every way of escape she could.

Noticing Mary Margaret wave her over the blonde carefully leaps off the horse and grabs her things. She moves to head over but before she does she stops beside Aurora, catching the princess's wrist, halting the hand that was currently hiding a dagger.
Squeezing her wrist tightly Buffy smiles innocently as Aurora gasps beside her in pain dropping the dagger right into Buffy's hands "Smile Princess." She warns "We both know you don't have the guts to use that. But please...give me a reason to use this on you."

 Aurora gasps in slight terror as she turns to Buffy before storming off while the blonde merely tucks the blade into the back of her trousers.

However, as she moves to head over to the others, that's when it finally started to hit her, the lightheadedness after losing too much blood. The bullet that was probably infected by now, causing her to start shutting down "Uh oh. Going down." She breaths before stumbling forward, however, before she could go face-first into the dirt she was caught by Emma who quickly catches her screaming in a panic "Mary Margaret!"

Instantly both Mary Margaret and Lancelot race over and the mother of two glances up at her friend desperately "It's Elizabeth, Lancelot."
At her words, his eyes widen in shock as he glances down at the barely conscious girl in front of him, lifting her up into his arms he nods at Mulan "Get the Doctor, let's get her patched up."

***