Two Different Destinies (3)

THE ENCHANTED FOREST – MANY YEARS AGO

They were going to be separated.

While the enchanted tree would allow Snow and Emma to escape, the magic would only allow two to escape the wrath of the Curse. So either way, tonight Snow White's family was going to be torn apart.
Charming would miss everything, he wouldn't see his little girls grow up, he would be ripped away from them.

For 26 years they would be cursed and separated, unable to reach each other.

Staring out of the window, Snow inhales tightly before glancing down at her young daughter who was napping quietly as Geppetto and Pinocchio hurried to finish the wardrobe.
Hearing her husband enter the room, the raven-haired beauty quickly turns to face him, and the second her eyes met his tears began to stream down her face as she thought about what her life was going to be like without him "I don't want to do this."
Holding in his own tears, Charming glances at his young daughter before pulling his wife into his arms, knowing it may very well be the last time "It has to be you."

 "I'm not leaving you."

"It's the only way." He reminds her cupping her face in his hands trying to force out the despair filling him knowing he would never see his youngest daughter's birth or Emma's first dance.
He would miss everything and it killed him inside, yet this was the hand they had been dealt "It's the only way. You and Emma will go in there, and the three of you will be safe from the curse."
The heartbroken woman before him merely shook her head wanting to believe desperately that there was something else they could do, she didn't want to live her life without him in it "He said it would be on Emma's 28th birthday."
"What's twenty-eight years when you have eternal love?" He argues trying to remain strong for them both "I have faith you will save me, as I did you."

With that, he pulls his wife into a passionate embrace, kissing her for what could very well be the last time for three decades.
However, as she leans into the embrace, a familiar tightness around her stomach that she had only felt once before caused Snow to gasp before wincing as the pain quickly followed.

This was the worst possible timing in the world yet it was happening.

"What is it?"

Letting out a loud gasp of agony as another wave of pain fills her, Snow clutches onto her husband desperately "The baby. She's coming!"

***

OUR WORLD – STORYBROOKE, MAINE

Sure enough, as things always did in Storybrooke, their original plan to go and speak to Gold about the magic in town went awry.
Between Dr Whale building up a mob of the townspeople to go after a magic-less Regina and then having to lock her up in a cell, today had definitely not been easy.

But now, Emma's mind was focused on only one task.
Her sister.
With Henry now safe with Ruby, the Savior was a woman on a mission, she wanted to get her baby sister back and she didn't care what she had to do to make sure that happened.

Turning to David and Mary Margaret who she was still struggling with the reality that they were her parents, she swallows down all her curiosity trying to focus on the task at hand "You guys ready?"

Immediately, Mary Margaret despite being warned not to push her daughter by her husband does exactly that "We need to talk."
"I...well..." Emma stutters out completely thrown off guard, she could barely process all of this, she was so not ready to talk, to be honest, she wasn't too sure if she would ever be able to "I don't...I just...I don't wanna talk."
"But I do, okay?"
"No." Emma snaps this time, whatever they had to talk about could be spoken about after Gold, plus if they were going to do this then they would do it when it was all of them together "Look...I get it you want to talk but...for my entire life, I have been alone, my one focus was finding who took Buffy. Now we have that chance. I couldn't protect her once, I can't do it again. Talking can wait."

When Mary Margaret hesitates David quickly places a calming hand on her shoulder as the two watch Emma walk ahead of them "She's right. We will talk. With both our daughters, but first we need to save Elizabeth. Then we will be a family again."

***