9 : playground

Jake and Heeseo did not have any conversation after what happened. She acted like there's nothing and went home as usual.

Jake on the other side still wondering why Ji Joon's searching for her, and why she looks scared because of him. He tried to approach her but she avoids to meet him.

Heeseo walked home and greeted by her mom who's waiting for her result while crossing her arms. She passed the result to her mother and waited for her response.

"1st place. Everything you got A except for add maths and physics. How it can be like this? " she raised her eyebrows and looks straight to her daughter eyes.

"I got B, still I'm the highest in the class. " she replied.

"B? Are you think it is good enough ? "

"Of course. It's better than fail. "

Her mother scoffed in disbelief. "So you're trying to mock me right now? "

"Why I need to get straight A all the time? Even I want to get B is so hard. she fought back.

"Look at your brother. He got an A all the time. Can't you be like him? Until when you keep getting B of these subject. If your grades down next time, you will be dead. " Mrs. Lee said and left her.

Again, she quotes his name.

"Why you need to compare me with him all the time? When he failed, you even encourage him to do better. What about me? I got B and you still dissatisfied." she said and tried to not surpass her tears from falling.

All her words in vain to her mom's. Her mother expected too high for her and want her suited to the standard. The standard that daughter need to be perfect. What about the son? She doesn't care about it as long as he likes what he did.

Heeseo walked to her room and locked the door before plopped herself to her bed. She changed her school uniform and used a comfy shirt. Then, she stared at the mirror for a long time.

"Am I need to be perfect all the time? "

"Why it's always me? "

"I already did my best, but she never appreciated. "

"She thinks get an A is like snape a finger. Even to pass is so hard. "

"She always compared me to him though. "

"When he failed, she even encouraged him. When it comes to me, she never does that. She even pushed me or make me hard on myself to be the best. "

Heeseo wiped her tears a few times. "The double standard of child."

She unlocked her room and went to downstairs, passing her mother where in the kitchen.

"Where you want to go? " her mother asked but she went straight to the door without answering.

"Rude."

-

Jake walked around the neighborhood while drinking his favourite juice. He arrived at the playground and looked at the kids laughed and jumped happily.

"I wish I could be like them again. "

He took a step to the swings. "Can I sit here?" he asked a kid there.

"You're old enough. But since you looks handsome, you can."

He chuckled at the kid words before thanking her. "Woah, it's been a while since I feel this. "

'' Do you want to ride it?

The kid nodded and he started to sway her on the swing.

 "Faster! Faster!" she exclaimed in happiness.

"Hold it tight."

"Thank you." she said before ran to her friends.

Jake smiled at her and sat again at the swing. Then, he heard a laughter from the other side. He followed the laughter and found a group of kids laughing with...Heeseo also the kid early?

"Tell us more. "

" He ran as fast as he can because he thought I'm a ghost.''

''He such a coward.''

The kids laughed at her story of meeting Jake for the first time. The kids knew her very well because she always came to play with. She even got their parents trust to take care of them.

"Heeseo sis, you're the best. We loved your existence to be here." a kid said and hugged her.

Her lips formed a sweet smile. She really love kids and that's why she always come here, the playground to play with them. Whenever she felt down, she always came there because these make her become more happy and felt loved by someone.

"Let's play the slide." a kid pulled her hand and brought her to the slide.

She played like the other kid, joining them to the slide. She doesn't care what people thought of her. All she wants was to be happy and enjoyed it.

Without her knowing, Jake stood there and chuckled while watching them enjoying the slide. She meets his gazed and stared at him.

"Heeseo sis, why are you blocking us.''

"Oh sorry." she slides to the end and stood up to clean the dirt on her pants.

The kid who meets Jake earlier saw him and waved her hands."You're the guy earlier. Let's play with us."

He shooked his head, "No, I'm a big boy already."

Without any hesitant, she  dragged him, "Let's play together."

He looked at Heeseo and she nodded her head. They played all together and tried everything at the playground. They stop playing as they felt exhausted after running around.

"What is your name?" a kid asked Jake.

"Me? I'm Jake. What's yours?"

"I'm Si Yoon.''

''Ro Won.''

''Yu Rin.''

''Ha In.''

"Sim Ji Ahn."

"Oh, you have the same family name as me." Jake said as he felt excited to meet someone who has the same family name as him. It's a rare to meet one.

Ji Ahn winked at him making Jake and Heeseo gigled at her cuteness. It so adorable to see them say their name one by one.

"Are you both know each other?" Yu Rin asked them.

"Ah, he is actually the boy I said earlier." Heeseo replied to her.

"The coward boy." they said in unison.

"What? I'm not a coward."

"Yes, you're.''