21 : is it because of me?

"Class! Your trial will be held next week. So prepare yourself. Class dismiss." Mrs Yoo said before she ended the class and leave.

"Oh no. I didn't study yet." the class chatter spoke as soon as the teacher leave.

"I'm scared. I never passed on math. My mom will scold me again."

"Fail on math is still fine, bro. How about me? Never passed in language?"

"Guys, do you think Heeseo will be the top of the class again?" Yedam brub in the conversation.

"Of course. She is Heeseo. She will be on the first place no matter what. There's student tried to beat her but they still can't.''

"She's on the next level for sure."

"I'm on the next level." Yedam reflexed sing the song that on top of the music chart and received a slap on his shoulder from Hyeongjun.

"What's wrong with you dude?"

Yedam eyed and glared at him, "My bias is NingNing."

Eunyoung silently listened to her classmates conversation. She tored a piece of paper and crumpled it up. She hated to hear it. It makes her want to beat her friend so badly.

"Why Heeseo, Why??''

"Eunyoung, make sure." Eunyoung was startled by her mother presence.

"What?"

"First place. If not, you're done." Mrs. Yoo said and walked away.

"Am I able to beat her?"

"Will I get to the top of the class?"

"Can I befriend with her again?''

Eunyoung threw her books off her table as soon as her mother walked out from the room. She's now crying. Her heart was tore apart. She struggled a lot. Whenever she's having a hard time or need a teach, she would ask Heeseo instead.

But now, she was all alone.

-

"Jake, can you teach me how to solve this question? My brain is not braining." Heeseo showed him the exercise book.

He let out a chuckled. "Let me see...Uhmm this is so easy actually. You just need to expand it before putting it into this formula."

She looked attentively on how he solve the equation.

" Tup, tup, tup, tadaaaa. Got the answer."

"You just make it looks easy but it totally not.''

''Its easy actually. I swear."

"Easy your ass."

"Then, tell me how you can memorized all the fact in biology?" Jake tried to change the topic.

"You need to understand it and always read it again and again until you throw up every single day." She said while trying to solve the question.

"Euww, its too much."

She took a deep breath, "Focus on one topic each time. Don't mix everything. You have to fully understand it before change into another topic."

Heeseo took out a paper, "You can draw or write whatever you get on that topic. For example, what happen during meiosis process. You can draw a simple look of the cromosom and spot the different between all the stages.''

Jake was listening to her attentively.He was only staring at her face instead of the paper. He just lying that he's not good in biology but its actually his second favourite after math.

Boy just got looking for her attention.

"Also, if its too hard for you to memorize everything, just boil everything before blend it and drink everyday."

Jake looked at her with 'are you serious' face.

Laughter was slipped out from her mouth after seeing his face.

"Okay, I will try. But you must drink it too.''

"No!"

"Yess."

"No!"

"YEsSss."

"Shhh. Please be quiet." The librarian said as she looked at them."

"This is because of you." Heeseo whispered-yell on him.

"M-Me?'' He was pointing himself, feeling betrayed.  

Again....

Eunyoung was there too at the corner of the library. She listened all the jokes they made. Jealousy, anger and pissed off with them.

She closed her book and wanted to left the library as soon as possible.

"Oh, Eunyoung!'' Heeseo called for her when she saw her coincidentally passed by.

Eunyoung took a look at her before continue walk away.

"W-Wait." Heeseo grabbed her wrist, to prevent her from walking away.

Eunyoung turned to face her, "What do you want?"

"Lets study together. I bet you have lots of question to ask."

Eunyoung shrugged off her hand. "I don't have any question for you, so leave."

"Eyyy, don't lie. Lets go to our seat." Heeseo tried to pull her again but she was too strong to not move an inch.

"I said I don't, Heeseo. Hence, I already finished studying. I want to go home."

"Then let me send you. Lets have a walk together. Both of us.'' She was hoping that Eunyoung will accept her request.

"Why should I?" Eunyoung asked with an iritated face plastered.

"Because we are friends!"

"No longer friend. Leave me alone."

"Eunyoung, wait!"

"Go study with your new studymate. Or I can say your boyfriend?"

Eunyoung came closer to her ear, "I heard he was fucking clever. Bet he will beat you on this trial. Don't think you will always safe on your place right now. There are a lot of enemies around you." She slightly tapped her shoulder before really left the library.

Heeseo watched her silhoutte slowly faded away. She had no idea why her friend avoids her.

"Hey, Heeseo. Everything fine?" Jake asked her behind.

She shooked her head with a lot of emotions inside of her mind. "No."

Once again, she was being ignored by her friend. Is it because she was close to Jake? Or because she always being the top student and got all the praised by teachers and students?