27 : working ii

"Stop it, Heeseo. Do you think this will help you from your problem?" Heeseung prevented her from cutting more of her arm.

He found her in the kitchen after followed her from the room because he heard she was talking alone. He saw he slitted her own arms and quickly stopped her sister. Only them in the house since her mother was not coming back yet.

"Please. Just let me be. I can't hold the pain any longer."

"You have to bear it. This is the life we are living on. We have to accept it."

"How can you say that? You get a good grade all the time. You get to do whatever you want. Mom never cares if your marks drop but it the whole different on me. You know how much I hate you?"

"I know. So please. Stop doing this stupid thing. You still have your college enterance test soon. You can prove it to her."

"How can I prove it when I don't get to be what I want? She was planning my whole life. I'm just her robot who follows her words.''

"Hold it just for a month. You still have someone who cares about you. How about Heesa? Don't you think what will happen to her if you left? What about Jake? He always beside you. What he willl feel?''

"I'm not living for others. I'm living for my own."

-

Day goes by and Heeseo condition become worsen. Teachers were also worried on her as she always get distraced in class, not fully pay attention as usual. They always tried to approach her, asked what happen to her but she only shut her mouth and silent all the time.

They only have less than a month before the college entarance test. The latest test, she got 20th place in her class. At this point, she did not even care about it since her dream were taken away.

She did not care but her mom did. Even the quick quiz held, she still want Heeseo to excell it. 

Due to that, her mother locked her in her room for three days without given any foods or drinks. Heesa once sneakily wanted to give her drink but her mom caught her and hit her.

People also wondered where did she go since she barely skipped school.

Jake also tried to approach her but she was isolating herself. He kept follow her where did she go.

Class ended quickly for that day and everyone rushed out from the class. Heeseo sit at the class alone before packing her stuff into her bag.

Jake saw her just come out from the class and followed her steps from behind as he did not have any idea where she wanted to go.

"HEESEO!" He quickly stopped her when she climbed to the edge of the rooftop. 

"What are you trying to do?"

She knew that voice, it was him. And it was the same voice in her dreamed few days ago.

"Why did you stop me, Jake?" she said in her low voice. 

"TELL ME! TELL ME WHY YOU WANT TO DO THIS SORT OF THINGS? WHY? "

"I've told you that I will always by your side. Can you please hold on? Just for me. Not for others. Not for your mom or your brother." He harshly pulled her hands so she will come down from the edge.

"I hold the pain since I was little. What in world that I can hold it any longer. I suffered with a lot of things. You would never know since you get such a daring mother.'' she broke down into him and hit his chest a few times.

"My dream and it's now faded away. It crashed in front of my eyes. I'm only living for others sake. I can't even cheered my own self. I don't even get the happiness that I'm always dream of from my family."

Jake looked at her pale face, chapped lips and noticed her bandaged arm. She was like a lifeless body who's walking around. He tightened the hug as he can felt her body would fall down any time.

"One month. Give me a month for you to live to your fullest. I will turned everything you want become true."

"You don't have to, Jake. I know that I was burdening you and everyone all the time. It will better if I left.''

"On the least, take your college enterance test. You will never what will happen after that. Maybe you still get the chance to pursue your dream.

"Hold it, only for me."

"If they could not give you the happiness then I will give you the stars from this entire universe.''

''I promise."

-

"Where do you want to go?" He asked when he saw she was hurriedly put in her belongings.

"Working."

"You are working? Since when?"

"Two weeks ago."

"Why you don't tell me?" Abviously, he was slightly infuriated when she never told about it to him.

"It was so sudden since my mom forced me to support the family financial." Heeseo said while checked if her belongings complete.

"I want to follow you, to work together."

"I don't know if you're allowed to do." He did not mind if he  was allowed or not as long as he was beside her. He must took a really good care of her this time otherwise he will blame his own self.

They reached the cafe and went straight to the manager. Heeseo introduced Jake and told about his willing.

"It will be good, Heeseo. We don't have enough workers at the moment. I will pay for him too," Ms.Nam said.

Jake put on the apron and saw Heeseo who was struggling to tie the apron since her arm was bandaging. "Let me help you."

"Guide me well, sunbaenim,'' he bowed to Heeseo and asked for her guidance. She laughed after a very long time by his silly action. 

"Firstly, take the cup and filled with the glucose until one inche."

''This is where the coffee brewed. This is the ice section. Here's the flavour and it already written the name each of it."

Jake followed every instructions that was given to him. He would be glad if he can make her smile to ear like the old time.