28 : in the rain

After working for almost five hours, they finally closed the cafe and were ready to leave.

Ms. Nam approached both of them with a grin on her face. "Good job two of you. This is the highest so far we can make. Here's your wages for today and I have add more too."

"Thank you, Ms Nam," they said and bowed their head in unison.

Jake and Heeseo head out from the cafe and walked together side to side.

"Take this, it yours," Jake handed out his wages to Heeseo. She shooked her head, "No, you work for it. It yours actually."

"But I work for you," Heeseo still refused to accept the money as Jake was working hard for it. He was willing to learn and sacrificed his time only for it. Little did she know, he slipped the money into her bag quitely.

"Heeseo, do you have anything in your bucket list?" He wanted to do his job, to bring again her happiness.

"I don't but I want to do it again."

"What is it?" his curiosity grew more.

"Cycling through the night." That time. She remembered when they were cycling in the midnight after unintentionally sleep at Han River park.

"But my bicycle broke down months ago. Maybe, we can rent one?" he tilted his head and cautiosly said.

"WOAHHH JAKEE! FASTERRRRR!" 

Heeseo opened her arms as she was elated tonight. Jake only listened to her and let her do what she wanted.

''Hold up for a second. Make sure you hold into me tightly," instead of holding his shoulder, she wrapped her arms around his waist which made him startled. He could feel butterfly was dancing in his stomach when she tightened her arms.

Jake fastened his cycled and made her shriek even more. He was beyond happy for her. It been a long time since he could see her smile and laugh.

People around might see them as weird, childish but they never care less. Anything only for her to reach her peak of happiness. Man even willing to die for her.

"Hold me, Heeseo. You will fall if you don't." she hugged his waist and put her head on his shoulder. It was reminding him about something though. The moment flashed on his mind, made him smiled to ears.

"I remember when I fall asleep on your shoulder and you didn't even wake me up."

"Can I sleep on your shoulder again?" she asked.

"Sure, but not this time," Jake quickly cycled through the street along the Han River. He could hear her laugh, she screamed his name to stop. She was thrilled.

"JAKE, SLOW DOWN! I WANT TO SLEEP ON YOUR SHOULDER!" she kept tapping his shoulder to stop but he didn't even hear it.

"TRY IF YOU CAN MAKE IT!"

There was a prolong silent made Jake to wonder if she sleept again. He did not feel neither her head on his shoulder nor her shrieked.

"Are you crying on my shoulder?"

"N-No. Why?" Heeseo suttered as she was yawning just now.

"I could feel a water droplets on my shoulder,'' they looked up to the sky, the only possibility of the droplets. "Ouh, the sky is crying."

"She must be sad too isn't? Probably there's a lot of thing that they keep inside, only to not let human feel sad and gloomy about her tears."

"Sky may have a soul too. It has feeling, to be sad or happy. It just like us," Heeseo added as she hugged his back tighter.

"Let's find a place to shelter first. You will be sick soon." Jake parked the bicycle after he found a place to wait the rain to stop. 

"I don't mind actually. Let spend time in the rain," she pulled his hand to the quiet street.

"No! You will be sick," he sternly said and pulled her hands before brought her again to the shelter.

"Just this once, Jake. Please..." she looked at him with her pleaded eyes and pouted.

Seeing that Jake was not responding to her, she just dragged him and jumped around on the street. "Look at the puddle,Jake! I used to play with my sister when my mother is not around," she jumped at the puddle causing the water to splash around.

"HEESEO! It hits my eyes."

"Really? I'm sorry."

"It will be fine if you planted a kiss on it,'' he smirked with his half-closed eyes.

She snickered at him. "What a lame excuse."

"But nevermind," she leaned closer to his face, to his eyes and planted a quick kiss on his eye. It's enough to make Jake's heart fluttered.

''Have you know about dancing in the rain? Let's dance!" she pulled his hands around and made him to dance.

"Do the chicken little dance, Jake!"  Jake facepalming himself yet he danced to chicken little. It Heeseo after all. He would do anything for her.

She laughed at him and smile could not slip off from her face. She then joined him to dance together.

"I thought dancing in the rain is romantic."

Their hands kept interwined to each other as she kept pulling him around. Surely, they were like a kid who finally get to play in the rain by their mother.

-

"Today's check list, study together! I have bunch of excersice for you to do." Jake put a bunch of books on the table in front of her.

"What?!?"

"Listen, we will success together. We will get whatever we want even people try to stop us. No matter what, you still have me and I will always help you. Promise me?" he took out his pinky to her.

"You still have time to change, to be your old self. There will never late unless we are giving up. Trust the process and the outcome will be beautiful." he still had his pinky to wait for hers.

"Promise,'' finally, she interwined her pinky with his.

"Good then. Let's start with uhmm math? Or do want to start with the other?"

"Anything. I will follow you."

"Okay, deal with math?" she nodded. He took out a math exercise book and passed it to her to do it first.

He looked through her excercise she had done . "See. You're pretty good actually.''

"Yes, cause I used to be the certified girl,'' she nochantly said. There's no wrong in her words though.

"Okay, my certified girl."