12 : working

Mrs.Lee crossed her hands as she watched at her childs and put on her serious face. Heeseung kept his head hanging low. Heeseo besides him took a glanced at him a few times as he didn't utter a word since from the school.

"Now tell me. Where did you go last night, Lee Heeseung?"

"I'm not doing it mom. I Just come to help her. Ji Joon tried to assault her."

"I can't believe you."

"Mom."

"Do you know your college enterance test is near the corner? And you still have the audacity to do this kind of things?"

"Mom, hear me first."

"Do you know how much that I need to pay for your school? For your education sake? And now you are suspended from that school."

Heeseung can't persuaded his mother anymore and showed his head that covered by his hair. His wounds from the bottle that Ji Joon threw last night. The blood already dried and it looks like he lost lots of blood.

His mom shocked with what she saw and approach Heeseung head. "Who's doing it to you? Is it hurt?"

"It's Ji Joon." he said nonchantly.

"Heeseo, take the first aid kit and the bandage in the drawer of my room. Faster!"

Heeseo quickly stood up and to her mom room. She handed it to her mom and help her to treat his brother wound.

One thing that she envied of her brother was this. Her mom just scolded him like crazy but being soft again and even treat his wound. When it comes to her, it's never happen once in her life. She would treat her wounds by herself or asked her sister to help her. And even worse when the bruised from her own mother.

-

Heeseo read her books peacefully in the library. She's alone again after Eun Young excused herself to attend a student council meeting. That was the only place she went for if she's alone.

Jake found her sits alone while reading her book attentively. He finished choosing his book and approached her and sit across.

"Alone?''

She took her eyes from the book she read and look at the voice owner. "No, there's someone talking to me right now.''

"Can I sit here?"

She doesn't responed to him. "Okay, I will take it as you allow me."

Jake opened his book and read the first paragraph, he closed it back.

"Why you don't read it?" she asked him while her eyes still glued to the book.

"Too much words for me." he can't last for hours just to read a book. He would rather to find the values of x and y than read a book.

"It's better than Mathematics with an alphabet."

He shrugged his shoulder, "Not for me."

Jake watched her reading her book as she has no interest to talk with him. "Heeseo, how's your brother now? Did he found any evidence that Ji Joon is the culprit?"

Heeseo closed her book and folded the corner of the page she read. "I don't know. He tried to persuade my mom by shows his bleeding head. Probably he's being hit by something."

"Don't you think the victim told to shut her mouth and tell otherwise?"

"Lee Yeon? I don't know. From what I know she is one of my brother friends. Sometimes I saw them hangout at the library together.''

Jake nodded his head and think for a moment. "Heeseo, do you have anything to this weekend?"

"No. Why?''

"I want to take you somewhere."

"Where?"

"Just meet me at the usual park.''

-

Heeseung cleaned the table and threw all the trash into the trash can. He took a part time job as he was suspened from the school. He secretly worked in the convinience store without her mother knowing. It could be a huge problem if she knew it.

Rather than he studied in his room, he chose to work so as not to burden his mother for being suspened from school.

LeeYeon stopped on her track as she watched someone that very familiar to her. Its him, Lee Heeseung. She's on her way to buy something at the convinience store unfortunately met him working there.

She approached him hesitantly as she felt scared and guilty to him.

"Heeseung?''

The said boy turned his body and found someone he never expected to meet. ''LeeYeon?''

"Heeseung, are you working here?" she asked him with full of curiosity.

He doesn't responed to her and continue his works.

"I'm sorry." her words making Heeseung to stop.

"I'm really sorry. I shouldn't point at you. I know you came that night just to help me. Ji Joon was supposed to be suspened, not you."

"But I don't have other choices than to tell otherwise. He threathening me to do that. If not, I would be his place to satisfy himself,'' she said as she can felt tears would falling from her eyes any soon. Remembering Ji Joon's word making her shiver and scared. She had no other choice.

Heeseung turned his body and facing LeeYeon. He let out a chuckled as he knew the truth. "So he really threatening you? How dare he?"

"I'm sorry, Heeseung. I know it's my fault. I know I shouldn't---"

"No need to be sorry. You do it for your own good. Let what happen has happened pass away. ''

LeeYeon nodded to Heeseung words and lowered her head. She then took a can that was on the table and helped him to do his work.

"What are you doing?"

"I want to help you. I felt so guilty for betraying you. You always helped and you get this as return."

"You're not wrong. It's Ji Joon can't keep his thing inside his pants and look for any girl that he found. Including my sister.''

She chuckled hearing his words.

LeeYeon ended up helping Heeseung to finish his work until dusk. She even helped him to lifting stuff that was supposed to be men job.

"Don't you get trouble for working here instead of studying. You even lied to your mom."

"Don't worry. My mom will be fine with it."