18 : you had enough

Heeseo smiled from ear to ear as she remembered the moment. Her hand being interwined with Jake enough make her to blush. It was her first time to be held by a man, other than her own brother.

"Heeseo!"

Her mom called her as soon as she entered the house. Her grinned earlier drop quickly.

"Again? You come home on late night. How many times I need to tell you?''

She played with her fingers, felt anxious all of sudden.

"Enough with the fun. Now help me. You have a lot of works to do."

Again, chores were waiting for her. "Why don't you ask Heeseung to do it. He's at home all the time."

"He just finish his college entrance test, my dear. Now go do the dishes. No excuse.'' her mother said while pointed to the pilling up dishes.

''You always bring up about the test. It already done and why not you ask your so-called beloved son to do it? He has nothing to do. Does his work is only to study? "

"Stop with your blabbering. Go do your works. It passed night already." Mrs.Lee stood up from the couch and about to go to her bedroom.

"See? You always defend him. Doesn't mean he is a man, he has nothing to do with the chores." She went against her mother's words. She was getting tired of it, with the lame excuse. Why can't a son to do chores to? Why it always the daughter? At least lend a hand for once isn't?

She left the kitchen and went to her bedroom without doing the dishes. She was happy just now and now it back to as usual again. "It always me.'' she muttered and slam the door.

Her mother laughed to herself, "Now she has the courage to againts me? Unbelievable.''

Here she is again, curled up into a ball with a blanket wrap her. She wished that her mother will stop asking her to do the chores. Its not fair when she always do it alone. Heesa would help her but since she still a little, she would ask her sister to play or help her with something easier. Heeseung? Useless.

She was getting use to it but it still unfair to her. Her life was being like this since she was in middle school. Her mom would come from work and wanted everything was done including dinner on the table. Her life was only being a maid to the family yet she need to get the first place in class. No failure, no lower marks, only the highest and most importantly, the top student.

-

Eunyoung quietly sneaked inside the house so that she would not wake anyone. Her mother only watched her daughter silently from the kitchen counter and crossed her arms.

"Do you have fun being there?"

Eunyoung cursed in her mind, felt stupid for not realizing that her mother watch her all the time. Mrs Yoo approached her daughter that still ignore her presence and pulled her ear out of the blue.

"MOM! MOM! I'M SORRY!"

"Who give you a permission to go out. As I remeber, I do not allowed you to go anywhere.''

"I-I'm just-"

"JUST WHAT? Smiling ear to ear like idiot. You probably have a boyfriend isn't?"

"No! I swear I didn't have any."

"Why could you not stay at home only? What does thing that are so fun out there? Can you at least give me a good result as return?"

Eunyoung could not hold it anymore. She was getting tired of it. It was the time to stand up, Eunyoung. You had enough. Whatever happened to you, it will make you satisfied. 

"I just want to have some fun. I want my own freedom. I don't want to be controlled all the time. I'm not a five years old kid anymore. I have my own life that I desire to.'' She said as she tried to loosened her mom grips.

"Bold of you, Eunyoung. You go out with who?''

Eunyoung hesitated to answer. She can't say it was Heeseo and Jake. By mistake she is not allowed to befriend with them any longer.

"Heeseo isn't?''

She stayed silent.

"Silence mean yes."

"Mom, I swear I just want to have fun with her. It been a long since I spent time with her.''

"Cut the crap out, Eunyoung. I don't want you to befriend with her. Seeing that you have no improvement by being her friend doesn't help. Stop be with her."

"MOM!"

Her heart shattered hearing her mom words. Heeseo was the first friend she had, and the only friend that she has to go through this sucks life.

Beeing a teenager is hard. The preasure from people around, the preasure to get a good scores, and the fear of failure. 

"You should focus on yourself Eunyoung. She has that brain but you don't. Stop thinking about having fun. There is no time to have a honeymoon. You have a college entrance test next year. You think by being her friend will guarantee your future?"

"MOM! AT LEAST LET ME ENJOY MY TEENAGERS LIFE. We can study again on the other time but the I will never be a teenager again to cheerish my young life. It only once in a lifetime.''

"Just shut your mouth up. I already give you everything, a comfy house, a comfy place to study and good education. What is not enough for you?" Mrs.Yoon was a teacher but all she want is her daughter to get a better future. To live a good life.

"You don't give me a happiness nor a freedom."