13 : hangout

Jake wore his hoodie and put on his favourite cap that was given by his mother as his birthday gift. He took his phone and put it in his pocket before leaving his room.

"Mom, I'll go first."

"Where do you want to go?"

"Meet my friend."

"Do you have friend now?" 

Before his mom question was answered, he already leaves the house by riding his bicycle and waved his hands. Mrs.Sim smiled to herself by looking at her son finally had a friend after a long time.

"I'm glad you have a friend now, Jake. It's hurting me back then when you always crying after came back from school.''

''because you're smarter than them, they choose to stay away from you.''

-

Heeseo wore a simple outfit and took a look of herself before went downstairs. She found her sister silently watching her favourite cartoon. 

''Heesa, where's Heeseung?''

"In his room. Probably studying for his upcoming test."

One thing that they didn't know, Heeseung was working right now. He's working and managed to study at same time. None of his family knew it.

Heeseo nodded and walked to their entrance door. "Heesa, I'm going outside first. If mom come back from work, just tell her I'm studying in my room."

"I want to follow--"

"Bye!" she cut her sister sentences.

Heeseo walked through her neighbourhood while humming cheerfully and enjoyed the air that she been longing. She felt so relieved that she can go outside after a long time. Throughout the week, her mind was so tangled and exhausted.

''Lee Heeseo!"

She turned around to find where the voice come from. ''Oh, Jake!'' she waved her hands toward his direction. He was ranging his bicycle bell and rides faster.

"Let's go." he said as he stopped his bike in front of her.

"Where do we want to go?"

"Somewhere that suit your personality. And you will love it for sure."

"I don't know you have a bicycle." she jumped to his bicycle and held his shoulders tightly.

''Because I never showed it to you." he grinned to her question. It been a long time since he used his bicycle. Also, it's first time he let someone ride together with him.

"Jake, I feel like I will fall anytime.''

''No, you will not. Just hold my shoulder tightly.''

She obeyed his order and did not let go her grips from Jake's shoulder as she felt scared.

The ride was silent as both of them enjoying the wind that hit their faces. Heeseo closed her eyes to feel the breeze hitting her face. Jake saw her was enjoying it so much and speed up his bike.

Heeseo hit Jake's shoulder, "Jake, ride it slowly."

He chuckled by her reaction and kept speeding even more.

"Jake, ''

''Jake,''

'' Jakeee.''

"Look there's someone want to cross the road," finally her words making him to slow down. The truth was there's no one in front them since Jake was laughing at Heeseo reaction and kept speeding.

''You're lying."

Heeseo chuckled because she lied to him so he can slow down. "Where do you want to bring me, Jake? Don't you want to kidnap me either."

"I will not. Why would I want to kidnap you?"

''Who knows?"

They finally arrived at the place that you can saw people passed by. A calm flowing river was also visible from afar. Jake actually brought her to the Han River, a place that can give you restfulness after a tiring day.

Jake parked his bicycle somewhere, "Why do you bring me here?''

"Just follow me. You will not regret it."

"Let's sit here," he said and just sat at the grass. Jake lying down his body and closed his eyes with his hands as the support for his head.

"Are just come here to sleep?"

"Yes. Why?''

Heeseo sighed to hear his answer and sat beside him. She looked around and seeing people were jogging, ride their bicycle as well as did the same thing as Jake does.

Jake noticed her action and seemed to be a bit uncomfortable. "Heeseo, do you know why I bring you here?'' he tried to make a conversation with her so she will not felt awkward.

She shooked her head, "Why?''

"Because this is my favourite place. Back then, I always alone and this is the place that I go whenever I'm feeling lonely."

"I bring you here because I noticed that you always alone whenever Eun Young is not around."

"You also seems so tired in the class too. '' he added.

"Why did you choose to bring me here, not someone else?" she asked again and tilted her head.

"Cause you're the person that want to hang out and talk to me, without any hesitation."

"H-how?"

"Don't you remember how me met at the park. You think I'm a ghost at that time."

Their first ecounter was still fresh in their mind. Remembering that moment made them laughed because of their silliness. How can a ghost talking?

''Why you don't told me earlier that you want to bring me here? So I can bring my books to read. Or maybe sketching something.''

"You really like reading and drawing?"

"Of course. It makes me to forget everything for a while and drift into my own world.''

Jake nodded to her. He then remembered that he had something that he always want to asked her. "Heeseo," he called her name and she turned her head immediately.

"Why that guy last day was looking for you? You seem scared of him.''

No response.

She didn't answered. The memories of Ji Joon appeared in her head again. She actually scared to tell her traumas to someone.  Besides, no one knew what was happened that time including her brother.

He noticed that she didn't answered his question and kept silent. "It's okay if you don't want to tell me the reason yet. You can tell me whenever you want. I know it must be hard for you.''

"But never hesitated to come to me if you need someone to express whatever in your mind.''

Heeseo looked at him lying down again and followed him beside. She can heared sounds of people passing by and a birds chirping soundly.

She looked up to the sky felt guilty for not responding his question. "Jake, why do you say that you always alone?''

She take a look at Jake and saw him sleeping soundly. Heeseo sighed and closed her eyes again as it became heavy before fell into her dreamland.