𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀

Y/N and Adam Reed were two very different kids.

Y/N was soft spoken and shy, an artist and old musician. Although, she had stopped playing music when her dad died a couple years back, it pained her too much to play instruments or listen to specific songs. Her father had bought her a guitar when she was little and helped her learn to play it, even though he wasn't a music guy. They learned together.

Shortly after her dad died, Y/N had gotten rid of the guitar. She sold it to a thrift store and tried her best not to think about the instrument again, although it was difficult not to. She had also given up singing, she didn't like to sing because it made her feel of when her family was happy. When her dad was alive and her mom wasn't stressed all of the time, when her brother had fun with the family and didn't shut everyone out.

Y/N often missed her father, she had somehow become even more quiet and reserved after he died.

She would often sneak into her mothers room at night and steal one of her fathers button ups. She would then curl one up and most of the time cry herself to sleep. Sometimes she would even take a shirt and curl up next to her mother, and since she never conveyed her feelings to anyone, even to her mom, this was the way she would tell her that she wasn't okay. Lots of times she would hold her mother when she cried too. She was just like her mother. She always tried to pretend like she was alright when it was obvious she wasn't. Ellie was impressed with how thoughtful and helpful her daughter was after her father died, she always tried to make her mother and brother happy. Even if Adam often pushed her away.

Adam would also often find her on the back porch, staring up at the stars. She sometimes had her telescope with her, but most of the time she just sat there, breathing in the fresh air and looking up at the slightly light polluted sky. Adam would just sit with her, but neither of them said anything. Although sometimes Y/N wished her brother said something to her in those moments... anything.

Adam was very different from his sister. He was known as 'mouthy' and 'a jerk'. He never knew when to shut up, unlike his sister who never knew when to speak.

He was a pretty troublesome child, especially after his father died. He had so much grief he didn't know what to do with, but he had to do something with it. He never understood how his sister hid her emotions so well, sometimes he would watch her facial expressions to see if her emotions would explode.

It scared him how quiet she was, a lot of the time he didn't understand how she wouldn't stick up for herself. They've always been like that, the dreamer and the doer. Adam would always do what he wanted, or he would try. He often got into fights he would never be able to win after his father died because he didn't know what to do with his emotions.

Y/N often times felt as if her brother was annoyed by her, or tired of her. Other than stargazing with together, they really didn't spend much time together. Y/N became more reserved than ever, giving up all of the things she loved and becoming severely depressed after her father died. But Adam just became frustrated with himself and with other people, and even just life in general.

Both of the siblings remember when they were younger and when they were closer. Since they were twins, they were always together as little kids, but as they grew up they got a bit further and further apart. And the death of their father sent them two different worlds. Their mother had noticed the split of her children and it made her upset, but she didn't know what to do about it.

Dealing with grief was hard in any circumstances, but in the circumstance of the Reed's it was difficult because they couldn't figure out how to find their family again. They all loved each other, they were all they had left, but none of them were sure how to show how much they cared about each other.