𝙏𝙒𝙊

Adam and Y/n walked into the woods after Hawking, worried out of their minds. The flashlight in Y/n's hand shined brightly as the siblings called for their dog. As they continued to walk, they saw something incredibly strange. Bright specks fell all around them, the two of them looked around in confusion before they looked at each other with the same puzzled expression.

Adam and Y/n looked back up in shock, it seemed as if the sky was falling. The tree tops burning, their red embers sprinkling around the twins.

"Woah.." Y/n muttered, the bright dots fell all around her.

"I know.." Adam whispered in awe as he continued to look up at the trees.

The two of them were startled by the sound of Hawking barking behind them, they flinched as they looked back to the sound. The two saw Hawking run up to them, Y/n and Adam sighed and Adam began to pet him.

"God, you scared us." Adam sighed as Y/N grazed a hand along Hawking's back. The two of them heard a noise from the dimly lit part of the woods. Y/n quickly raised her flashlight towards the area and Adam gripped his bat tighter.

"Who's there?" Adam yelled and Y/n stood behind him with the flashlight, her hands shook slightly and she found it difficult to breathe. Her anxiety taking over in that situation.

"I don't think we should be out here.." Adam stated and him and Hawking started to run. Y/N was frozen in fear for a few seconds, before she started to run after them.

The three of them ran through the woods, Hawking in the front barking the whole way. The light waved around wildly as Y/N ran, she could feel tears in her eyes as her anxiety kicked up to 1000%.

They stopped when they were at the edge of the woods, which was right next to their backyard. Adam wheezed as he kneeled down, and fumbled his inhaler out of his pocket. Y/n lightly patted his back as he used his inhaler, taking as deep of breaths as he could.

"..We're okay." Adam pet Hawking as the three of them sat at the edge of the woods. "Jesus Christ.." Y/N wiped the tears from her eyes, still anxious about what she heard in the woods.

They heard a loud crash from their fathers garage, Y/n's heart beat quickened as they looked towards the building. Hawking began to bark again at the dimly lit building, and Y/n felt a pit in her stomach as Hawking ran towards the building.

"Hawking!" Adam called as Hawking's barking rang in Y/n's ears. She slowly got up as her brother watched Hawking. Y/n had no choice but to follow them as Adam stumbled inside of the building. Y/n shined the flashlight in the building as Adam walked in front of her with the bat. The two of them worriedly walked into the shed, not knowing what to expect.

Adam slowly opened the door as Y/n stood right behind him, her heart beating a million times per minute as she breathed heavily.

The girls shaky hands struggled to hold the flashlight as fear filled her eyes. Her flashlight shined on a man sitting in front of the couch. She felt her heart drop to her stomach as the two of them looked at the man, who put his hand in front of his eyes to block out the bright flashlight.

"Take it easy." He said in a deep voice, Y/N felt the tears in her eyes again seeing the blood on the man's hands. The twins did not in fact take it easy, Adam screamed and fell back as Y/n stood still in fright, dropping the flashlight from her hands and feeling like passing out. She stumbled outside to try and get away from the place, but she didn't get far before she threw up from her anxiety.

The man cringed and sighed as he saw the kids reactions, although he wouldn't say that's not what he expected. "Or y'know, fall and scream and throw up that's fine." He mumbled as Adam quickly got up and grabbed his baseball bat.

"Who the hell are you?!" Adam flicked the lights on, and seeing the light in the building and hearing the voice of her brother calmed her anxiety the smallest bit. Y/N was still shaking lightly as she stumbled inside the building, not knowing why she was less scared now.

"Put the bat down! I'm not gonna hurt you I promise!" The man groaned, Y/N noticed the hand at his side, which was probably why there was blood on his hand.

"What are you doing in here-"

"Are you okay?"

The two of them turned to the girls soft voice, which made her feel embarrassed. The man looked at her in awe, his eyes were soft as he looked at her shaky form, but Y/n just assumed he was shocked she asked if he was okay.

"No.. no I'm not okay.." He groaned softly before turning back to Adam, "And I'm mostly bleeding, that's what I'm doing in here." His tone of voice and wittiness immediately reminded Y/n of her brother, who still held his bat up high in defense at the strange man.