𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙇𝙑𝙀

They did it.

They actually did it.

They made it to 2018.

As soon as the jet landed, Y/n found herself stumbling away from it and puking her guts out. Older Adam grumbled as he walked out of the jet and younger Adam rested his hand on his sisters back gently.

"Are we in 2018?"

"I think we are!"

The two of them smiled and cheered at each other, and Y/n stood up shakily. "Don't celebrate without me!" She exclaimed weekly and both of the Adam's cheered at her as they all hugged.

"Now kids, we need to go find dad."

•••

Y/n felt her heart sink as she heard her fathers voice, the slightly raspy one that sounded like nothing but home. Tears filled her eyes and didn't hesitate to fall as she stared at the man she admired the most in awe. Adam noticed his sisters tears and gently held her arm and smiled at her as she wiped her cheerful tears.

"It's really him." Y/n whispered to the boys as they couldn't take their eyes off of the man in the front of the class room.

"It is.."

"Yep."

"He's so-"

"Yeah. Alive. Come here a second." Adam picked both of the twins out of the door frame and squatted down in front of them. "Let me do the talking in there, okay."

"We have to tell him what happens! He doesn't have to die! You said you would fix this, how can I trust you if you don't fix this-!"

"We say nothing, okay? Only what he needs to know. Everything else.. we can't."

"I know." Y/n's quivering voice was heard and Adam nodded at her with a smile. She knew all too well, well.. kinda. She was allowed to be told her fate, it broke her heart that her dad couldn't be treated the same way.

"I wanna hear you say it." Adam turned back to his younger self. ""I won't tell him." Say it."

"Say it."

"I won't tell him." Adam whispered and Y/n's heart immediately broke. She let out a shaky sigh, as much as she wanted to see her dad again, this was all too much.

•••

"Adam?" Louis asked curiously, he could definitely tell that the man sitting in front of him was his son, but he just couldn't know how.

"Dad."

Adam and Y/n stood on the other side of the room, Adam's smile and Y/n's anxious frown balanced each other out. "Dad!" Adam exclaimed, running towards Louis, who then turned his attention to the younger boy. "Adam?"

Adam crashed into his dad with a big hug, which was very needed for him. Louis returned the hug although he was confused, and he looked up to the older Adam. Adam motioned over to the other side of the room with his head, and Louis looked that way to see his daughter, who looked so grown up compared to now. She made a small grin at her dad, using all of her strength. The only reason she didn't attack him with a hug was because she didn't know if she would be able to stay strong.

"N/n?"

"Hey, dad." Y/n blinked the tears from her eyes as she slowly approached Adam and Louis, Adam let go of the hug and immediately looked to Y/n, but she couldn't see him because she was too busy examining the confused but smiling face of her dad.

She caved in and flung herself into his arms, wrapping her arms tightly around his waist. Just like she thought, as soon as she inhaled that familiar, but a lot less empty, scent she started crying.

"Hey, buddy. It's okay.." Louis patted her back, hating the sound of his daughter crying. "I missed you dad. I love you." She whispered so quietly that no one could even hear her, but she knew that she said it and that was enough. Louis opened his arm back up for Adam and the two of them stood there, hugging their father to death.

Y/n felt a weight lift off of her chest as she backed away from her dad and laughed genuinely for the first time in what felt like forever. She thought as if, just for a moment, all of the sleepless nights never existed. All of the stressed out moments were blocked from her memory. Her silent cries were not as silent anymore as she wiped the tears from her eyes and looked back up at her dad.

Here he was. She knew it wouldn't last forever, but seeing him again just made her feel happier. Like maybe she wouldn't have suffered for all of those years if her dads death wasn't so unexpected and utterly depressing for her to deal with.

Maybe she would be okay this time, coping with the loss of not just her dad, but her whole family as she knew them.

•••

"So he came back from 2050, and he got you two."

"Yes."

"How old are you guys now?"

"We're 12."

"Why did you need your 12 year old self, and sister?"

"I didn't need them."

"You needed me to fly the jet. And you needed Y/n to do... what ever she did." Adam shrugged, earning an elbow to the side from Y/n with a chuckle.

"Jet? There's.. there's a jet?"

"There's a jet. My jet. What I meant was I didn't need you originally."

"2022 was a mistake."

"And you flew this jet?" Louis asked younger Adam.

"Yes."

"Did you though?"

"Yeah Adam, did you?"

"Is that my jacket it looks a little tight on you." Louis changed the subject, looking towards older Adam, causing the twins to snicker.

"That's what I said!"

"You look like a condom with buttons."

"Oh my god-" Y/n put her head in her hand to cover her obvious chuckle as the four of them kept walking. She couldn't help but feel as if everything was perfect now, even though it was far from it.

"And why was 2022 a mistake?"

"I wasn't supposed to be there."

"You're not supposed to be here."

"You don't say!"

"They shot him when he stole jet." Y/n heard Adam say before she completely spaced out from the conversation. Boys are boring.

Louis stopped all of them from walking, and Adam and Louis began to argue, turning to young Adam and Y/n every so often to say passive aggressive things about each other.
Y/n and Adam gave each other a look as Y/n sighed at the bickering men.

Things escalated quickly, and Adam ended up punching his father right in the face.

"Dad!"

"Dad, are you alright?"

Dad came back and punched Adam in the same place, although he looked much more.. awkward doing it.

"That's what you get. We don't hit people in this family!" Louis wrapped his arms around the twins as Adam laughed, but Y/n didn't really find any of this funny. Why couldn't they just get along? What was wrong with Adam? The questions pestered her as they filled her head.

Y/n frowned at Louis' betrayed expression when he found out that Sorian was the one who altered time.

"Nice hit dad.." Adam mumbled as they followed older Adam, "I think I broke my hand." Louis whispered, making Y/n chuckle.

It felt so nice to have her nerdy dad back, she had missed him more than anything. She felt at peace now, knowing that things would be okay. At least, she had hope that they would turn out okay.

In reality she had no idea if that was the case.

•••

(A/n : Hi!!! IM SO PUMPED THAT YOU GUYS LIKE THIS STORY! THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE COMMENTS AND READS AND VOTES I LOVE YOU ALL TO THE MOON AND BACK!)