𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉

The next morning, Ellie sat at the kitchen table going over her bills, she didn't have to worry about her kids getting to school because Adam was suspended and Y/n had gotten sick.  Y/n never told her mother why she had gotten sick, twice for that matter, but she did her about her anxiety attack as well as her...sickness, and Ellie felt sympathy for her daughter.

The sun blared through the windows as Y/n laid motionless in her bed. She had gotten no sleep last night and really didn't feel good, but she decided to get up and try to do something productive with her day. She got to her closet and opened it, motivation starting to run into her system. But as she saw her dads clothes that took up about half of the closet, it quickly went away.

She could hear her mother and brother from downstairs talking about insurance or something, she took a deep breath and changed before walking down the stairs, not quite ready to face the day.

"I've gotta go.." Her mother sighed not seeing her daughter yet, she packed up her things for work.

"Call me if you need me."

Ellie began to walk up the stairs as she saw her daughter standing there. "Oh hi honey. Are you okay?"

"I'll be alright, I love you mom." Y/n said quietly as she put her hands in the pockets of her dads old gray jacket. Ellie gave her a sad smile before kissing her on the cheek and walking the rest of the way out of the house.

•••

Adam went to check on his future self in his dads garage, while Y/n stayed on the back yard porch and tried to have some quiet time and fresh air, away from her bickering family and problems with time travel.

Adam walked into the garage, and the first thing he noticed was his dads favorite song blasting through out the whole building. "Moms gone to work."

Adam stared at himself wide eyed, mostly at his muscles. How in the hell did he get all of those muscles? He must have a really fulfilled future. The older Adam sensed the staring and slowly turned to the younger boy, "What?"

"I just... you're.. kinda ripped.."

"Okay."

"Do you work out a lot?"

"Do you ever just have a thought and not let it come out of your mouth? Could be fun to just keep it in."

"Maybe in the future there's like, like gene therapy of nanotechnology for-" Adam waked towards his future self and tried to touch his muscles.

"Don't do it. Don't... don't do it. Where's Y/n anyway, you seem to be a lot less annoying when she's around."

"She's just in the back yard.... she didn't have the best night last night.." Adam trailed off, remembering the sounds of his sister softly crying from the room next to his, he didn't say anything because he didn't know what to say.

"Anyways, when does.. this happen. Does everyone skip leg day in the future? Does it happen in college.." The blond boy switched the subject as Adam looked at his as if he was an idiot.

"Oh, wait. Do we get a lot of girls in college?"

"Adam! Time travel exists. It exists isn't that crazy? Every conceptual idea you have about the universe has just been thrown out the window. Yet your big question is, "Do I get laid?" "

"Do I?"

"Jesus Christ."

"Okay, okay, okay! If you won't tell me that then... what's.. Y/n like in the future. Is she still a big nerd?" Adam chuckles at his own question but his older counterpart doesn't laugh in the slightest, his frown grows as he continues to clean his wound.