𝙎𝙄𝙓𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

(This is gonna be a lot different than the movie, I'm sorry but I just liked it better)

•••

The boys had gone to play catch outside, but Y/n wasn't really interested. Her converse slowly creaked the old floor as she walked down the upstairs hallway. She walked up to her bedroom door, it still looked the same, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to open it.

She did it anyways, slowly turning the knob, she was hit with the blast of cool air that her room usually had. She smiled, looking at her room, it was mostly the same, just more like an 8-year-olds room.

Y/n almost lost her breath when she saw the guitar. The familiar f/c guitar that was decorated in stickers. Y/n choked on a sob as she giggled, tears forming in her eyes. She grabbed the guitar and sat down gently on the bed. She just sat there for a while, holding it.

She took another deep breath, putting the guitar in her lap, in anticipation to play, but she never did. She started to feel what Adam was talking about, like she was pulling away from reality. She stood up, walking out of her room and into the hallway, seeing that future Adam and her dad were still in the backyard, though her twin brother was gone.

She furrowed her eyebrows, wondering why she hasn't left yet. The feeling grew from inside of her the smallest bit, as she walked down the stairs and out of the back door. Louis and Adam turned to look at her, her guitar still in hand, her smile small and tired.

Adam threw the ball too far, and it rolled into the woods. The two of them laughed and Louis went to retrieve it, dramatically sighing on the way.

Adam walked over to Y/n, who was now sitting on the porch, and he plopped down next to her. She looked down at the guitar, and her tired voice broke their silence. "Can you bring things to the future with you?"

Adam looked at her, his brown eyes sincere and sorrowful knowing that he might not ever see her again. "I'm not sure N/n. But hold on tight, and down ever let go." He smiled sadly, and Y/n did the same in return.

"Thank you Adam." She said, her eyes filling with tears. "I hope I didn't cause you too much trouble."

"Oh, you did." Adam chuckled, but Y/n didn't seem to be laughing.

"Am I still going to die Adam? Did we change the future?" Adam looked at Y/n her usually smiling eyes were dark and serious, her lips pushed down into a frown. "I'm not sure N/n. I don't care what that crazy old man says, I will try my best to change the future for you. I have to, I can't just sit back and not try. I already told you how it happened, so, maybe you'll change it yourself. I thi-I know you're strong enough to do that." Adam smiled, hoping that he was right. Then he disappeared, leaving Y/n alone on the porch, still holding the guitar tight like her brother told her too.

Louis came back from out of the woods, swearing at a leaf that got stuck in his hair. Y/n felt the feeling consume her now, it was building up, and she couldn't escape it. She saw her dads dorky face, the smile he had when he saw her guitar. She ran to him, not letting go of her most prized possession.

She hugged him tightly, like before, but now it was just the two of them. Y/n blinked the tears from her eyes, hugging her father, her guitar now strapped to her back.

"I love you, dad." She said, this time loud enough that he could hear her.

"I love you too N/n. More than life, I'm so sorry that I have to leave you. I am so proud of you." Louis said, running his hand through his daughters hair. She smiled, feeling happier than she had in years. This was all she needed, all the needed was one last hug. She squeezed tight one last time.