𝙊𝙉𝙀

Y/N Reed sat in her science class, they were currently working on a group project and Y/N felt like dying. The people in her group were complaining about not understanding the material and then giving Y/N weird looks when she did it the right way. She sighed as the science teacher walked up to their table.

"Reed, you're getting signed out."

The kids in the class overheard what the teacher said and turned to look at the girl, she whispered an 'okay, thank you' to her teacher before grabbing her things and rushing out of the room, avoiding the seemingly jealous stares at her.

As she walked to her locker, she wondered why she was being signed out. Although, as she continued to think, an answer became clear. Adam got into another fight.

Whenever Adam got into a fight their mom would sign Y/N out too, just so their mom wouldn't have to come to the school again to pick her up later. It was sometimes inconvenient for Y/N but now it basically saved her life. Y/N grabbed her bag from her locker and went down to the office. Seeing Adam sitting outside the office, and hearing her mothers loud voice from inside of the office made her conclusion true.

"Mom said to sit down while she 'talks to them'" Adam looked up at her with an ironic stare, Y/N chuckled as she sat down next to her twin brother. She looked at his beat up face, blood was drying inside his nose as he sat in the chair with a sulk.

"What happened?" Y/N asked softly as Adam darted his brown eyes to meet Y/N's E/C ones. "Kids chased me down in the hallway because their pricks. I swear they are." Adam sat up in his seat and Y/N let out a breathy chuckle at his attitude to the situation.

They could hear the yelling from inside the office stop as their mom walked out. "Let's go." She sighed as she walked away from them down the hallway. Her twins quickly got up from their chairs as they followed behind her.

As the three of them got in the car, Y/N put her headphones on, not really in the mood to hear her mother lecture her brother for the 100th time. She looked out the window as the music made its way to her ears, completely blocking out her family.

Y/N both loved and hated listening to music her dad liked. In one way, it reminded her of him and it was an important part of their relationship, but at the same time, it hurt to listen to some songs because it reminded her too much of her father. When ever she thought about him too much her heart ached.

She blocked out all of the noise in the car and when they got home Y/N rushed up too her room, trying to avoid the tension between her mom and her brother.

•••

The sky began to get dark quickly and Y/N decided to go outside and watch the sky. The stars peeked out of the clouds overhead and the beautiful full moon shined brightly in the sky. Y/N sat on the porch and grabbed her telescope, looking into it intently as Adam played with a baseball.

"Hey kids! I'm heading out! Come and have your dinner." Ellie called to her kids as she tried to clip her necklace. Y/N made a confused face at the fact she was going out, but got up and went inside, Adam and Hawking close behind her.

"Where are you goin?" Adam asked as he and Y/N sat at the kitchen table. "Oh.. just.. out to dinner with a friend." Ellie responded with a grin as she anxiously gathered her things in her purse.

"Oh.. which friend?" Y/N asked softly taking a bite out of her pizza. "His names Derek, we work together." Y/N frowned at her mothers strained voice.

"You have a date." Adam stated as Y/N continued to eat her pizza while looking at her mom. Adam never failed to blatantly say what everyone was thinking.

"It's not a date..... I- I don't think it's a date."

"Your dress thinks it's a date." Adam waved his pizza at Ellie before taking a bite out of it.

"Oh my god it is a date.... I am going on a date. Why am I going on a date?"

"Can we please stop saying date now? Thanks!" Adam looked at him mom wide eyed as Y/N giggled at the two of them slightly shaking her head.

"You guys I'm sorry.. w-we should have spoken about this. I- I don't know how to handle it. Let's talk about it right now-" Ellie rambled as she sat down at the table next to her kids.

"Dear god no." Adam stood up as Y/N gave her mom a reassuring smile. "It's okay mom, really it's okay."

"Thank you honey.." She smiled at her daughter before looking up at Adam, who was walking to the fridge.

"Let's talk! What ever feelings your having it's totally normal-" Ellie was cut off by her phone going off. Adam grabbed two sodas from the fridge.

"Nope! Time to go!" Adam waved the sodas at his mom before closing the fridge, having to shove it an extra time for it to close. "We will talk about this tonight-!" Ellie said as she grabbed her coat and walked to the door.

Y/N was taking a sip of her soda before getting up and going after her mom. "Mom wait!"

Ellie stopped at turned around to her daughter, "Turn around real quick." Y/N said sweetly and Ellie did. Y/N carefully grabbed the zipper of her dress and zipped it up fully. "Thank you sweetie, your a lifesaver." Ellie grabbed Y/N's face and kissed her all over, Y/N giggled and told her to stop.

"Make good choices, okay?" Adam called after their mom as she turned to him. "Says the kid who got suspended!"

"I love you honey." Ellie said to her son as he grinned. "I love you too mom, more than I know." Ellie impersonated Adam before she turned back to Y/N.

"Love you."

"I love you too mom, please be safe."

"I will."

Ellie turned to the door and walked away, giving her kids one last goodbye, and a list of things they need to do, and not do, before leaving.

•••

After eating dinner, the siblings went their separate ways. Adam went upstairs to play video games, even though their mom told him not to, and Y/N went outside to look at the brightly lit night sky.

Y/N had brought her notebook outside to try and doodle the constellations she saw. She was having a great time in the quiet of the night in her backyard, the gentle wind hitting her face as she shivered a bit.

Suddenly, the power from the house went off and Y/N noticed the absence of light from behind her. She turned around, and walked towards the glass to try to see if Adam was anywhere to be seen. She heard a strange thump from the woods, and she jumped and froze in fear.

Y/N could see the outline of Hawking running down the stairs and towards her. Adam came out shortly after, looking for Hawking. "What happened?" Adam switched on his flashlight as he looked at his shaken up sister.

"I dunno, I just heard something in the woods..." Y/N whispered and wrapped her arms around herself, both in anxiety and the cold from outside. Hawking barked at something in the woods, before taking off into them.

"No! Hawking!"

"Hawking! Stop! Hawking!"

The twins looked at each other, before slowly walking towards the woods. Adam handed Y/N the flashlight as he grabbed his baseball bat for protection.

Y/N sighed as the pair walked into the woods in search of their lost dog.