𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙀

The next morning, Adam and the twins were eating breakfast at the table. Y/n looked at the boys strangely as they ate in the same exact way.

"So you came back for your wife, Laura?" Adam asked his future self, as Y/n looked at him curiously as well. She wouldn't say it out loud, but she found it very strange that Adam was ever married, at all.

"We're not getting into that." He responded with a sigh. Y/n had felt awful about everything that had happened, and now she was finding out that Adam's wife dies in the future? The world is brutal. Y/n quietly ate her food and listened to them talk as she usually did.

"Hey, she's my wife too."

"You know what we should get into that!"

"Thank you."

Y/n stopped eating, wondering if he was joking or if Adam was actually going to talk about Laura. She felt bad for him, she couldn't even think about someone she loved dying. Well.. she could, but she didn't necessarily like to think about it.

"We met in the academy. She was 20 minutes late to the wrong classroom, in the wrong building." Y/n let out a chuckle at Adam's words, trying to imagine what them meeting must have looked like.

"I offered to walk her to the right one and.. man, I was all in before we even made it outside. A couple of years ago, she didn't come back from a jump. Told me her jet broke up on reentry, but she was the best pilot in the program. She wrote the book on reentry. Didn't make sense."

"So you were try to get to 2018 'cause that's where she went before?" Y/n asked, she wasn't eating but she had stuck her fork inside of her mouth and bit it in between her teeth.

"Yeah.." Adam said softly, looking down at his plate. Y/n frowned, and her brother and her shared a look. "What was she doing there?" Adam looked back up at the man, Y/n thought he should stop pestering him, but it was no use to tell him to stop because Adam would just keep on talking anyways.

"I don't know. They changed the jump logs. Somebody was hiding somethin'. Maybe she saw something Sorian didn't want her to see.."

"Wait, "Sorian"?" Adam questioned and Y/n looked at future Adam with wide eyes, speaking the rest of his brothers question for him. "Maya Sorian, dads partner?"

"She was always so nice to us."

"Hmm. Yeah trust me. She's no friend."

"Nope."

"Guess not..."

Adam took his plate to the sink, he knew Y/n often didn't finish her food, and it was obvious
she was done because she just sat there. He took her plate as well, ripping the fork out from between her teeth, scraping the leftover food into the trash can.

"Bought all the right people. Next, thing you know she has exclusive control over the most valuable resource on Earth, time." Adam finished with a sigh as he poured himself some coffee, and the twins sat there with confused looks on their faces.

"Wait a minute. You're saying dad invented time travel?"

"Yeah. Not on purpose. The magnetic particle accelerator. Remember that?"

Adam nodded, "He called it The Adam Project." Y/n could hear the weary rasp in his voice, and gave him a comforting smile, patting his back before looking back to future Adam.

"Yeah, or as I like to call it, his favorite child." Adam stated with a smirk and Y/n looked at him with furrowed eye brows, Adam wheezed at the look on her face. "I'm just kidding, he cared probably about you two more... he might have spent more time but then he.. um.. y'know." Y/n nodded as she looked back down to the table, Adam noticed the tears that formed in his twin sisters eyes. His eyes softened as he looked at her, he hated to see her upset.