𝙏𝙀𝙉

After that life threatening 'adventure', they finally pulled up to their destination, which was Laura's house.

"I- I don't understand. How did you find us?" Adam asked his wife, "You don't think I'd be watching your back, even in the past?"

"Why did you make the jump back in the first place?"

"I was analyzing data when I found something strange in the jump logs. A time jet returning from 2018."

Y/n completely spaced out from listening as she blinked her wide eyes in confusion. She had no idea what the hell they were talking about. The four of them walked up to the home, Y/n and Adam listened to the adults, well, as much as Y/n could listen. Adam was paying more attention to them then his sister was, "Unless someone went back and altered the time stream so the future the jet had left from had already been changed."

The three of them looked at the blond boy strangely, Y/n furrowed her eyebrows, understanding some of what he was saying, but still trying to comprehend everything that had happened the past few days.

"God, it's like I traded my brains for those muscles." Adam looked up at his older self, who held a slightly puzzled expression, Y/n and Laura giggling slightly at the boys words.

"It's a shit deal."

"Cute kid." Laura stated, looking up at her husband. "Precious, isn't he? Don't you just wanna hold him underwater till the bubbles stop?"

"Mhm." Y/n's sarcastic tone was heard as young Adam looked at her with a comedic pained expression, which they chuckled at.

"Oh. I freaking hate myself."

Laura and Adam held each other as they walked inside, and Y/n smiled softly at their happiness. After loosing each other they finally got to see one another again, it warmed her heart.

The four of them went inside, and Adam and Y/n immediately started looking around the house.

"How did this happen?" Future Adam said to his wife, "That jet that went back? It was Sorian's. She went back to November 2018 for a reason." Laura said as she took off her coat.

"What happened in 2018?" Adam asked and his sister looked at Laura with curious eyes.

"I'll tell ya." She sighed picking up a newspaper and dropping it in front of the twins. "Your fathers magnetic particle accelerator, The Adam Project, had just gotten online. That was the first step toward practical time travel." Laura continued before walking away from the table and taking off her scarf.

"Sorian must've come back to 2018 and given her younger self some kind of future intel." Laura walked to the fridge and got a pitcher of water, and opened the freezer and got out an ice pack, handing it to Y/n.

"Thanks." Y/n smiled and Laura grinned back at her, and Y/n placed the ice pack gently on her back, cautious at first, but her sweater made it so she didn't feel the chill as bad.

"What for?" Adam asked Laura because of her previous statement as Laura grabbed four cups. "My guess is enough future stock tips to amass her fortune and get rid of whatever political obstacles we're keeping her from gaining control of the time program." Y/n furrowed her eye brows, trying to understand the words of Laura.

"She already had that." Future Adam spoke up after a while, looking at the news paper Laura had showed them. "But did she?"

Adam and Laura looked at each other, their eyes saying 100 words to each other. "No.." Adam whispered, "No, she didn't."

"No."

"So this world, our world, everything has already been changed by Sorain."

The four of them took sips of water, and Y/n finally broke her long silence. "So your fixed time, 2050. Is it bad there?"