03

March 7, 2022

Liyah Pov

After a long day at work I was finally pulling into my driveway in my BMW.

I was tired and I just wanted to shower and go to sleep but I knew i still had to ask Q if i could go to the club tomorrow

I was tired and I just wanted to shower and go to sleep but I knew i still had to ask Q if i could go to the club tomorrow. As soon as I walked into our 3 bedroom house and closed the door. I turned around and was hit with a hard slap across the face.

"Where the fuck have you been. You got off work 45 minutes ago and it only take 10 minutes to get home." Q said angrily.

I couldn't even speak as tears rolled down my face.

"Answer me bitch" Q said as he balled up his fists.

"W- We had a 30 minute meeting after our shift" I said as I looked at him with tears in my eyes.

"Next time fucking text me like I tell you too." Q said after taking a sip from his double cup that had crown in it.

"You have my location, next time look at it" I said scared.

As soon as those words left my mouth i instantly regretted them and got scared. Next thing I know, Q punched me in my face and everything went black.

Flashback

"Daddy please stop hurting mommy" 6 year old liyah said as she watched her dad repeatedly punch her mom.

Her dad didn't stop, he just kept going until her mom was bloody and not breathing. Liyah just stood there crying her eyes out. Once her dad realized what he had done he immediately panicked and rushed her mom to the hospital.

Flashback end

I woke up and I was in bed by myself. My head was pounding. I got up to use the bathroom.  As soon as I walked in the bathroom I saw that I had a black eye. I started to cry. Q had never punched me like that, yea he would yell at me and sometimes slap me but the chocking and punching have just started to happen over the past month. I love Q so much but if this keeps happening i'm leaving.

I went downstairs to find my phone and saw that my phone was was being blown up by friends and social media. I sighed, I didn't even bother texting or replying to anyone. I just went upstairs to put my dunks on and a pink long sleeve with pink leggings.

It was now 6:30 pm and i decided to go get me some food

It was now 6:30 pm and i decided to go get me some food. I was debating if I should text Q or not but i didn't want to make him mad again.

***
Q

Im going to get food.

Ight.

***
I turned my phone off, locked the front door, and got in my car.  On the way to Chick-fil-A I listened to Rod Wave because his music just speaks to me.

Lord, I got a question, is Heaven real?
If so, then why you kept us here?
Uh, okay
Smiling but dying inside (we dying inside)
What if I said I was tired? (What if I said I was tired?)
Would you blame me? (Would you blame me?)
Would you hate me? (Would you hate me?)
Safe to say I'm changing (yeah)
I can feel me changing (yeah)
Safe to say I'm changing

I ordered my food and ate in my car, I watched the sunset go down and just started thinking about my past. I try not to think about how hard my life is and I just want it to be over but ik thats not what my mom would want.

I miss her so much. I know she is looking over me. I just hope i'm making her proud.

My phone started to ring and it was Jasmine. Jasmine is my childhood best friend, she knows everything about me and I trust her with my life. Kira and Asia don't like her because they think she is a shady friend. I don't think she would do that to me.
****
"Hello"

"Hey best friend, what you doing" - Jasmine

"I just got some food, what about you"

"chilling, I miss you. You should come see me" - Jasmine

"Well i'm going to the club tomorrow, do you want to come"

"Hell yea, text me the details" - Jasmine

"Okay, imma call u later"

"Okay bestie"
****
I hung up the phone and started to make my way home. I was finally gonna ask Q about the club.

I walked into our house and immediately went upstairs. I heard our shower on, so I decided to use the guest bathroom shower.

Once I got done showering I walked into our bedroom and Q was laid in the bed rolling a blunt.

"Hey sexy" Q said licking his lips.

"Hey baby" I said smiling.

I went into our bathroom and did my nighttime routine. I brushed my teeth and put my bonnet on.

I got into bed and snuggled under Q. He put his arm around me and took a pull from his blunt.

"You know I love you right" Q said looking in my eyes.

"Yea I know and I love you too" I said still looking in his eyes.

"I have something to ask you" I said nervously.

He looked at me funny and sat up a little bit. He took another hit before finishing his blunt.

"Wassup" Q asked looking confused.

"Don't get mad and i'm asking because I know u like to know where i'm at so i'm safe" I said not making eye contact anymore.

"Get to the point Liyah" Q said

"Okay so Can I go to the club tomorrow with Kira, Asia, and Jasmine? We have work off this weekend and wanted to have fun." I said

"Liyah... Yea you can go but be safe and watch yo damn surroundings. Don't talk to no niggas and watch what the fuck you drink" Q said seriously.

"Thank you baby and I will" I said smiling.

He looked down at me and pecked my lips a couple times. We just cuddled the rest of the night before falling asleep.

This is the Q that I know and love. Yes he gets mean sometimes but he doesn't mean too.

—————————————————

How was chapter 3?!?!

Will Q work on his anger or get worse?

What do yall think about Kira and Asia thinking Jasmine is shady?!!?