18

July 19, 2022
2 weeks later.

I've been back at work almost two weeks now and I love it. I can't believe I let that man stop me from what I love to do. I've been working the night shift since its more peaceful and not to hectic.

Sometimes I will catch Kira and Asia coming to check on me at 1 am and I never fail to laugh. I'm so glad to have them as friends.

Jasmine came to see me a few days ago to check up on me and I honestly can say she is like my sister. Even when her father has cancer and is close to dying she still gets on a plane to come check on me.

Ari left last week to go back to Tennessee and I miss her so much. Jas, Ari, and I were so close growing up until Ari moved. Then it was just me and Jas. We grew up and our lives were on different paths. Her parents wanted her to go to NYU and I went to Brooklyn College to stay close to my granny.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't even peep that it was time for me to get off. It was 8:30 am and I got off at 8. I usually wait till Kira gets here because she works at 8 but she's off today.

I clocked out and walked to the parking lot. I got in my car and locked the doors so fast. I took a deep breath and headed over to Starbucks to get us coffee. I got our coffee and made my way to Kira's apartment. Traffic was slow since everyone was trying to get to work. I finally made it and parked my car. I walked up the stairs and put my key in.

"Kira, I'm here and I brought coffee." I semi yelled walking into the kitchen.

I put my bags and coffee down. I washed my hands and dried them. It was so quiet in here. Which is weird. Kira is always up around this time. Its 9:15. I walked up to her room door and was about to knock until it opened.

I froze. Its like my body couldn't move as I looked at the person in front of me. Tears fell down my face as I stared at him. He was smiling in my face as if something was funny. As if he didn't rape me.

"Hey beautiful." Von said smiling.

I couldn't speak its as if I was stuck but I couldn't stand the sight of him anymore. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed my keys. I ran to the door and I could hear Von walking fast behind me. I opened the door and KD was standing there with his hand up like he was about to knock. I hugged him tight and didn't let go.

"Aye girl, what you doing. What happened." KD asked as he put his hands around me.

I heard everything he said but I couldn't speak. I just cried even harder. I don't even know why i'm hugging him but I felt safe. Then I heard snickering and It wasn't KD. I looked up at him and I don't think I had ever seen him more mad.

"Wsp nigga. Aye my bad yo sister called me last night wanting some dick and you know I gave her some." Von said laughing.

I was disgusted. I know Kira doesn't know he rapped me but just the thought of her laying in bed and having sex with him made me want to puke.

"What the hell is going on out here? Von why you get out of bed." Kira said but i'm guessing she didn't see me or KD.

"Kira this what the fuck you doing now. After I told yo ass to stay away from this nigga." KD said while I was still hugging him.

"KD what are you doing here and Liyah why are you hugging him." Kira said closing her robe.

"Don't ask us shit. You just up here sleeping wit this nigga? She aint hugging me. She hanging on to me because that's Q homeboy. Remember the nigga who hurt bsf and put her ass in the hospital."

"Oh shut the fuck up KD it was just sex and I would never hurt Liyah. Von didn't have anything to do with it." Kira said yelling.

"Please get me out of here." I said with a low voice.

I was shaking now. Being in the same area as this man was terrible. KD and Kira kept arguing and Von was just laughing. None of them heard me. KD pulled out his gun and aimed it at Von.

"Chill nigga I aint did shit. Your sister called me." Von said who was no longer laughing.

"KD stop right now. Don't hurt him. He hasn't done anything." Kira screamed.

I grabbed KD face. "Not here. I bet the neighbors have already called the police." I said letting him go.

I walked to the kitchen and grabbed my things plus work stuff. I was heading for the door until Kira grabbed my arm.

"Where are you going?" Kira asked.

"To a hotel or something. Q now knows where I lay my head and I can't have that. It breaks my heart you would even bring him here, but this is your house and I will now be moving out." I said walking away and out the door.

KD followed me to my car and told me to follow him. I don't know why but I did. I was driving for 15 minutes until we pulled into a driveway. It was house. It was a nice size and looked like no one lived here. I turned my car off and got out. I walked up to KD's truck waiting for him to get out.

"Who's house is this?" I asked

"One of mines." KD said with no emotion.

We walked into the house and it was spotless. Like no one ever lived here. There was beautiful kitchen and even a upstairs.

"You can stay here if you want. You aint gotta pay all that money for a hotel. Pick a room just not mine. Imma head out." KD said

"Thank you." I said

KD didn't say anything he just left the house. My nosey ass took the time to look around. There were 4 bedrooms but he made one into a game room. I walked up to the double door and decided to not even look inside. I then went to one of the other two and picked the one that was right beside the bathroom.

I regretted that I didn't get any clothes from Kira's. All i had was a extra pair of scrubs in my bag. There was a dresser in the room so I walked up to it and opened it. There were t-shirts and boxers so I got a pair then went and showered. Luckily there was soap and towels in the bathroom. I got out and went straight to bed.

—————————————————

How was chapter 18?

Sorry for typos!